Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sir Alex Ferguson Retires!
Sad 
[Image: SZ1ntKJ.png]

There are rife rumours all over the press today that Sir Alex is about to announce his retirement from Manchester United manager. After 27 years and 13 Premier League trophies, is the most successfull manager ever about to go and sit in the Directors' box at Old Trafford?

Quote:Manchester United have yet to comment on widespread reports that Sir Alex Ferguson is considering retiring as manager.

A number of newspapers claim the 71-year-old is ready to stand down following 26-and-a-half successful years at Old Trafford.

Sky Sports contacted United but have not received any comment to confirm or deny the reports.

In his programme notes ahead of last Sunday's Premier League defeat to Chelsea, Ferguson wrote that he did not have any plans to walk away from the club and predicted another decade of success.

He said: "This team of champions is not going away - we are here for the long ride.

"We will get better and if we apply ourselves in our normal fashion I see our 20th league title as nothing but the start of another decade of success.

"Whether I will be here to oversee another decade of success remains to be seen, but I certainly don't have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special and worth being around to see."

Last week, United confirmed Ferguson had been booked in for hip surgery in August following the club's pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, although it is not known how long he will expected to rest before the start of the season.

The Premier League champions are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and an announcement if any would be made there.

It opens for business at 2.30pm UK time on Wednesday.

Source: skysports.com
Of course, there is nothing on the Manchester United website to even hint towards this massive piece of news.
Well, no one on here made a comment about this? And of course it was confirmed yesterday at 9.20 that the great man had decided to hang up his hairdryer and after 26 years in charge, call it a day.

I have changed the title of this thread. It would be great to see some of your comments and tributes about the boss.
A good article on the BBC website covers this story well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018
Just 2 words...

[Image: Thankyou_Socce_Spanish_Football.jpg]
The manager who gave his heart to Man Utd all over the years, RESPECT.
Thank You Sir Alex Ferguson

Football. Bloody hell. love that quote!
There as been a lot of debate about David Moyes being the right choice as next manager. I for one is quite happy with him. Look at the alternatives, there is none for me. Mourihno is not a United person. Period. I cannot think of anyone else that could fit in any better than Moyes.
I feel a bit sorry for anyone aged under 30 because they have not known anyone else than Fergie. I'm 62 and started watching United in 1962. My only concern is that we don't go down the Frank O'Farrell and David Sexton era again. They were bad.
It would be interesting if we could start a poll on the appointment of David Moyes, Just a simple yes or no question.
I look on this as, not the end of an era, but the start of another.

FOOTBALL.........BLOODY HELL.
[Image: wJvgwsx.png]
Respect for Sir Alex

I've been a fan of Manchester United ever since I was a wee lad, and one of the reason that I love the team so much is because of Sir Alex Ferguson. Not only is he one of the best, if not THE best, managers in the football world, but also his energy and determination to win inspired me to do my best in my endeavors. Thank you so much SAF. You will be missed. Glory, glory Manchester United!
It's gonna be hard to get used to not seeing Fergie next to the stands in every Man Utd game. It's been a while since he's retired and I still can't get used to seeing him not there anymore. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he chooses to do next! Smile