Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solskjær Returns To United
Manchester United announced today that former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been appointed as caretaker manager until the end of the 2018/19 season.

Solskjær scored 126 goals in 366 appearances for United between 1996 and 2007. In 2008 he became the club’s reserve-team manager, before taking the managerial role at FC Molde in Norway.
Solskjær will take charge of the first team with immediate effect and will remain in place while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new full-time manager. He will be joined by Mike Phelan as first-team coach, working alongside Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna.
“Manchester United is in my heart and it’s brilliant to be coming back in this role. I’m really looking forward to working with the very talented squad we have, the staff and everyone at the club,” said Solskjær.

Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman, comments: “Ole is a club legend with huge experience, both on the pitch and in coaching roles. His history at Manchester United means he lives and breathes the culture here and everyone at the club is delighted to have him and Mike Phelan back. We are confident they will unite the players and the fans as we head into the second half of the season.”
I'm pretty chuffed about this and reckon things will perk up and who knows we might win the prem Smile

I reckon he will build a team around Pogba once he sorts his head out. Let's hope he doesn't take any crap.

Who else thinks Fergie has got something to do with this?
I was nervous about Ole coming back, with lack of Premier League experience, but with Michael Carrick staying on and Mike Phelan coming back to help out, he will have a strong team around him. I am sure he will motivate the players to play the United way.
A leap into the dark bringing back somebody with very little experience of the premier league.
It would appear to me that they have brought him back as a way to pacify the fans,of course they will win today,and maybe a few more games but after the buzz has died down I expect it all to return to as it is now.
He will be sussed out by Pogba and the others and they will again feel they can rule the roost,"as they tried with the last fella". All this Ferguson hairdryer stuff is bluster.I would have liked to have seen Pogba,Lukakua,Jones,Smalling and afew more leave the club with yer man.
Woodward has just passed the buck and will say,"if it all goes tits up"that it was down to the manager etc. etc.etc.
Full time boss for the next three years Smile

Welcome back Ole

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...nt-manager
it has been sensational since his arrival (but) i think ,this is due more to an anti mou backlash than his abillity to
manage.
I hope i`m wrong.

the poster who says he`s ok with carrick and company around him is suffering from some red mist mental issue.
mou and his assistant failed  why keep his assistant who was involved with the farce ?
infact why keep any golden year player, aka diver young, wtf he`s still wearing a shirt here is so depressing.
we are the most supported club in the world (second best isnt an option).
young wouldn`t even get in any other prem team.
I was hoping for a new dynamic leadership team (with olly or another old boy helping) and all the dross dumped.
Phelan has done his time weve and/football has moved on, fergie knew to change his assistants every 4 or so years
as tactics evolved, Garlick and phelan is not evolution its tredding water.
I really wish OLE well ,but the little demon in the back of my mind see`s another 2 years of player power ie: shite still being here because the management cant or dont have the power to can them.

HERE HOPING I`M WRONG. Angel
In the team like Manchester United everyone knows that matches are important, everyone loves the club and want to do the best job possible.
Ole (from what I see) is like a good daddy to them, let them play with joy and this is what they do Smile

For now everyone is happy for losing Mou in favour of a good person but... the real test is still ahead of him. He will get to the situation where everyone will just settle and some drama queens will show irracional unhappiness. This will be time for him to either shine or sux.

I have good hope for him Smile
its got real bad really quick,this is because of players strolling around on the pitch not too sure where there supposed to be (or not arsed). the same group who never played for mou now have reared there heads again and now not putting 40% in. we are odds on to lose the next 2 games as well cidy and chelski. i think he may quit if it gets any worse, phelan is rumoured to be going at seasons end. sad though he blamed sanches ,is this the company policy so not to upset pogba ? me personally if i was in charge would have pogba cleaning the toilets until he screams for a transfer, and then car park attendant.