Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurs close to Beckham deal
Quote:Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp hopes that former England captain David Beckham will have joined Spurs on a short-term loan deal by Sunday.

The London club have been speaking to Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder Beckham, 35, with the Americans understood to be open to his move.

"It will probably get done," said Redknapp. "The clubs are talking and there's a good chance it will happen."

Beckham's first match could be against his former club Manchester United.

Redknapp hopes Beckham will come to watch the club's FA Cup third round match against Charlton on Sunday, before being available to face league leaders United at White Hart Lane the following Sunday.

"I think he could be here on Sunday, possibly, if what I'm being told on the grapevine is right," said Redknapp, who learnt of Beckham's interest via his former Tottenham footballer son Jamie.

"Hopefully he will come to the game. I'm not 100% sure but he could be here on Sunday. It's just sorting out the length of the loan [now] and one or two other bits and pieces."

Beckham could play up to 10 games for Spurs before he is due to return for the start of the Major League Soccer season when LA Galaxy face the Seattle Sounders on 15 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...331809.stm
The news coming out tonight is that David Beckham won't be joining Spurs, although he will be training with them until mid-February.
So it would seem that 'Arry has had second thoughts. Maybe he was swayed by the number of fans who were against the signing.

I don't see the training arrangement alone will help David in his endeavours to become part of the England Team again.
Capello would want to see how he copes in a proper game or two before giving him the nod.

Update :
The setback appears to be one of insurance. However, I wouldn't have seen that as a problem being insurmountable.
Clubs must deal with insurance companies almost daily. 'Arry, with fingers crossed, remains optimistic though.
so where beckham now go,there are lots of clubs which want beckham just for his star popularity.