Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Transfer Fund and Rooney
: The Transfer Fund :

United will face serious problems come next years' January/Summer transfer windows.

There are many [top] players ....
(VDS, Nev, Scholes, Giggs, and perhaps even Hargreaves, possibly Rio and yes, even Berbatov) .... that will need to be replaced to enable United to rebuild the team to the level and prominence necessary to maintain revenue.

Do Manchester United really have the £150million( +/_ ) in the bank, that SAF & David Gill have so widely quoted to the media, (on more than one occasion) and if so, is it available to the transfer fund ?

: Rooney :

Now 'the Glazers' have signed him to a long term contract and he is worth far more to them than only a few short weeks ago ?

Could it be, he is more likely to be seen now as a bankable asset to be placed against the costs of future First Team development, than as a gifted Manchester United talent ?

(After all, the team is doing as well - or arguably better - without him, in a season that he has yet to find and prove his form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think, given time Rooney will come good again.
I worry about the likes of Obertan, maybe even Macheda, who don't seem to be good enough for the club.
Trouble is..... who's out there and available??
Rumours still linger, that Rooney may even yet go to City ...... or wherever.

Unless he signed a new contract,
*United would have made him see out his present one. (Thus tying him up for the next 18 months +/-.)
*An unsuitable situation for both sides.

With the new contract 'in the bag' United would agree to allow him to leave, as and when he wanted.
That way, at least United would realise his worth financially and Rooney would get his way, to leave for ...... wherever.
.... (At an even larger inflated weekly wage, no doubt)
Wink

: Make of that what you will ...... after all, they're just rumours :
Rooney now seems to have put an end to all of the rumours, in an interview gave with MUTV.

Rooney Wrote:..........
" I've heard from different press people about how I've agreed a new deal so the club can agree a higher price with a different team which is a load of rubbish. I've signed a deal to stay and my long-term future is at Manchester United."

So that should put a stop to all of those stupid rumours then .... shouldn't it ??? Wink
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i miss rooney very badly in the team Sad