Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things are looking good at Old Trafford
After last nights game i would just like to say that the bunch of young players we have at he club are potentially the best we have had since the golden generation. We also have a very young 1st team & have the potential to get a worldclass young team to dominate Europe. At times we forget the tender ages of Anderson, Nani, Rooney, and Valencia.

Rafael and Fabio are improving all the time and will be worldclass in a few years, attacking wise they are nearly there it is just there defensive game that needs improvement, that will come with time and experience. Ritchie de Laet is coming through, he will be a top player and will surprise a few people this year. In Johnny evans at the back we have a future legend. Johnny has impressed me so much, especially his performance in the San Siro. It will not be long before Sir Alex can’t leave him out. I have a little inkling that Rio’s time might come to an end in the summer. He will be 31 and is spending alot of time on the injury table. It might just be the right time for Sir Alex to cash in on him and put his faith in young Evans.
In midfleid i am hoping hoping Gibson can do what fletch has done & prove doubters wrong to make it at our team as if hes does hell a shot on him that could get 10-15 goals a season if getting enough games. Again Gibson is really knocking on the door, i can see Sir Alex shipping Carrick out in the summer to give Gibson the chance he deserves.
On the wings we have 4 top class youngsters in valencia, nani, obertan and young ljajic who i really am looking forward to seeing in a red shirt even though we have to be patience. We have some of the brightest forwards around in diouf, macheda, welbeck and Rooney whos still only 23!
We have some very exciting times ahead at Old Trafford. The futre is good the futre is red.
Great words, Jimmy (rep point on it's way). It's refreshing to read the words of someone who can see positives and not just look to blame individuals for poor showing.
I think you might be right about Rio, but I think SAF might hold on to Carrick for a while yet, as he is just suffering a little slump and has every chance to shine again.
Fair point on Carrick. I just feel that maybe just maybe fergie may want to push Gibson on. Was watching a season review of 2007/2008 and carrick looked very good. Hopefully he will gain that form again. On rio i think Fergie mite let him go in the summer if a big offer came in. Fegie is not shy at shipping players on when the time is right
There was a thread on Rio being linked to Barca and there has been some paper talk, which includes his business interests. SAF won't put up with the extra influences from outside football for too long and may well want to cash in on Rio. Evans is looking stronger this year, Wesley is fit again (apart from cramp last night) and De Laet can play there, too. We'll see.
Have a look here:
https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Rio-To-B...hlight=Rio
Yeah i remember seeing that in the Sun newspaper. I just have a hunch that the time may have come for Rio to move on. If a big offer comes in then it would be to hard to resist. As you mention Nou camp 99 we have a very assured Johnny Evans waiting in the wings and Ritchie De Laet is improving all the the time. Do you know anything on Dodo.
I think if we were to allow Rio to go i would like to see us go for Rodwell. The boy is going to be a class player.
let rio go put what if rio get's better
There is no doubting the quality of Rio but i just feel that if Barcelona or Real Madrid make a bid for him he will see it as an excellent opportunity to furthur develop Johnny Evans. Sir Alex has done it many times before. E.g Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes, and more recently Rudd Van Nistelrooy. Time will tell
I tend to agree with jimmycricket. Rio has become a little more injury prone and, like the rest of us, is not getting any younger. I think SAF could cash in on him, but it all depends upon the progress of De Laet, Evans, etc.
I don't know that it will be next summer, but hey, you never know if Rio writes a book.....
yeah ok i sapose im going to have to give in and agree.but i dont feel its safe to relie on evan just yet
You are allowed your own opinion. Don't have to give in to us, mate. We might be wrong and you might be one of the next SAFs in the making!