Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Legends V Real Madrid Legends

Quote:On Sun 2 June 2013 Old Trafford will host a very special event. Red Heart United will see Manchester United Legends take on Real Madrid Legends with further event activities to be announced.

Tickets can be purchased via the Man United website.

And why have I posted this? Because I have got tickets to this match! Sitting in the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand. Not been to Old Trafford for a couple of years, as we got married and then bought a puppy!!!
Quote:Manchester United legend Bryan Robson has persuaded Paul Scholes to come out of retirement and face Real Madrid.

The veteran midfielder ended his illustrious career in Sunday's 5-5 draw at West Brom but has agreed to take part in a legends encounter with Real at Old Trafford on June 2.

A host of famous names from both clubs, including Zinedine Zidane, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Jaap Stam and Teddy Sheringham, have already agreed to take part in the fixture, which will raise money on behalf of the Manchester United Foundation.

"Scholsey will love not just being on the pitch with Real Madrid, but with Zinedine Zidane," said United Legends manager Bryan Robson.

"In the past, he has said that Scholsey was the best midfield player in the world, so it will be nice for Paul to see him again and play against him and the rest of the Real Madrid players."

Source: Skysports.com

And I have tickets!!! Result!!!
Jesus Christ, please stop making me hate myself for not having a passport. I really want to see this match! Mother, why can't we apply for a Visa yet? I have been missing out on a lot of awesome things due to this.

Mother, if you're reading this, I want you to apply for a Visa now! You know that I can't apply for myself since I'm still a minor, right?
So, Sunday draws closer. My wife and I are travelling up on Saturday for this, stopping overnight, allowing for a wee night out in Manchester. I think the event starts around 9.30 in the morning, with English and spanish themed events in the car parks and food from both countries on sale, too.

JLS, Amelia Lilie(?) and Tinchie Stryder are on about 1pm, before the game kicks off about 2:30. Really looking forward to it.
So, it was a fun weekend. We drove up Saturday morning and wandered around the Trafford Centre for a couple of hours. We were at the ground just after 11 on Sunday and I spent a fair amount on scarves, shirts, flags and badges, as I am a big kid!

The concert was OK. Not too fussed about JLS myself.

The match was fun. Not the usual 100mph of the Premier league, but you could see that some of the players still had what it takes. I thought Zidane, Figo, Ruuuuuuud, Scholesy, Ronnie Johnsen and Edwin VDS were head and shoulders above the rest.

Nice to see Ben Thornley get a run out and Lee Martin (what a hero) looked pretty sharp.

Shame we lost 2-1 and Real won the trophy, but there will be chances each year to win it back!