Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
United Moving Closer To Signing Costa
Well he is young but abit too expensive, and it still matter of question whether he can succeed in PL.I dont think SAF will buy him...
I agree with Becks85, he is expensive in relation to his experience and proven abilities at the required level. However, he looks fantastic and scores a few lovely goals, great skill & has tremendous potential. But, do you pay 20m for that alone???

I can't see Fergie paying that amount (even in staggered payments depending on performances and success). However if that price was dropped somewhat (10-12m) then I think Fergie would buy him. Similar deal to Ronaldo with same potential margins. At worse if it doesn't work, you sell him on at a very very small lose (or break even).
I can't understand why SAF isn't looking to the young English talent Ashley Young? He's proven in the Premiership and would cost about the same as Costa.
douglas costa from what ive seen of him he looks like a decent player but i wouldnt pay over the odds for him.
To expensive.
Nani and Anderson were 16 Mil I don't think 20 is too much for a kid like this although I would love to see Costa and Sanchez signed
honestly, not worth the price tag (unproven). perhaps a loan move with an option to buy would be a smarter option first. cant see it happening tho
SAF is a wise man. He hasn't got it wrong very often, has he? I'd wager there would be a deal in place of some money now and more on apprearances. Costa would be another for the future. And what a future. The kids will learn so much from Owen, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, etc. Not sure about Ashley Young, though. Doesn't seem to set the World on fire.
I think we have enough talent, we got em in the reserve, but we need some training.
Well, yes, we do have a load of talent, but we need to stay strong in all departments and not rest on our laurels. If there is a chance to build again for the future, then that is the right way to go. Are you saying that we can rely on the likes of Neville, Giggs and Scholes for many more seasons? I know there fabulous careers will come to an end some day and we need strong characters to step into those big boots.