Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Sack LVG
Latest reports indicate that LVG has been sacked, despite the FA Cup win. The League Managers' solicitor was seen arriving at Carrington this morning, soon after Louis arrived there. He was the same man who represented David Moyes when he was sacked.

Read more at:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...al-reports
Assistant manager Ryan Giggs, whose official connection with United goes back 29 years, left half an hour after Alan Gilroy - the LMA solicitor - arrived at Carrington and his future is also unclear.

Although there has been no official conformation as yet, news agency Reuters say United are expected to make a statement at 1pm.

That is the same time as the New York Stock Exchange opens - and if the club is going to change its manager, it must announce it there first
Official confirmation on the New York Stock Exchange: MANU

Louis van Gaal is to leave Manchester United, with immediate effect.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: "I would like to thank Louis and his staff for their excellent work in the past two years culminating in winning a record-equalling 12th FA Cup for the club (and securing him a title in four different countries). He has behaved with great professionalism and dignity throughout his time here. He leaves us with a legacy of having given several young players the confidence to show their ability on the highest stage. Everyone at the club wishes him all the best in the future."

A decision on a successor as manager will be announced soon.
[Image: search?q=louis+van+gaal&safe=off&biw=160...31R2i_M%3A]

Quote:It has been an honour to manage such a magnificent club as Manchester United FC, and in doing so, I have fulfilled a long-held ambition.

I am immensely proud to have helped United win the FA Cup for the 12th time in the club's history. I have been privileged during my management career to have won 20 trophies but winning the FA Cup, which is steeped in so much history, will always be one of the most special achievements of my career.

I am very disappointed to be unable to complete our intended three-year plan. I believe that the foundations are firmly in place to enable the club to move forward and achieve even greater success.

I hope that winning the FA Cup will give the club a platform to build upon next season to restore the success that this passionate set of fans desire.

Having managed in Holland, Spain and Germany, I had always hoped for the opportunity to manage in English football and be part of English culture. Both of these experiences have lived up to expectations and been fantastic.

I thank my players and wish them well for next season. It has been a pleasure to work with them and it has been particularly rewarding to see so many young players take their chance to break into the first team and excel. I look forward to watching the continued development of these young players next season.

Thank you to the owners and board of Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.

I would also like to express my gratitude to the amazing United supporters. They are truly the best fans in the world.

I am indebted to my support and coaching staff, who have given me their all during their time at the club.

I am deeply grateful to each and every member of the club’s staff - the sports science team, the medical team, the kit and laundry department, club administration, the press office, the manager's team, the Academy team, ground staff and the catering team, both at Old Trafford stadium and Carrington training ground, all of whom have given me their unwavering support in my time at United. Never in my 25 years as a manager have I been so well supported in my role.

Finally, my special thanks go to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton for always making me and my family feel so welcome throughout my time as Manchester United manager.

What do you think about this??

Quote:BRIAN KIDD and Gary Neville are shock contenders to become part of Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United revolution.

The Red Devils want Kidd to ditch rivals Manchester City and become new boss Mourinho’s right-hand man following Louis van Gaal’s sacking yesterday.

And the Portuguese also plans to sound out Neville about joining his backroom team.

Kidd, 66, was former City chief Manuel Pellegrini’s No2 for three years.

But he is tempted by the offer to return to the club where he played and established a reputation as an expert man-manager of younger players as Alex Ferguson’s No2.

Read more at http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/spo...ution.html

Not sure about Kidd, after seeing him in blue and celebrating against us. OK, so he was a red and went across to the bitters, but really not sure now.
[Image: LVG.jpg]

Former Manchester United player Rio Ferdinand has been writing on Facebook:

Quote:"After few hours to let the dust settle.. I thought I would write a few words on (Louis Van Gaal (LVG) His unwavering belief in his methods is something to respect in many ways but it was also part of his undoing too.

"Success (winning the league or CL) is what Manchester United demands & added to that an attacking, quick, aggressive & imaginative style of football. Unfortunately LVG failed to bring either of those elements to the club.

"He is huge personality who won an FA cup, keeping up his habit of winning trophies everywhere he has been but his ‪#‎MUFC‬ legacy will be the introduction of the players from the academy like Rashford, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah etc which WAS in keeping with the history of the club - giving kids an opportunity to play."

Source: @rioferdy5
Quote:It was expected that Mourinho’s agent Jorge Mendes and Ed Woodward would meet in London today to discuss a deal in person, but Sky sources have confirmed the pair are already close to reaching an agreement after negotiations via phone and email last night extended into this morning.

Manchester United’s lawyers have now been instructed to draw up a draft contract, meaning today’s scheduled talks between Woodward and Mendes in London may not be needed after all. Sources close to the deal have told us the negotiations were “easy”, mainly due to Mourinho’s overwhelming desire to become Manchester United manager, and they expect a deal to be signed in the next 48 hours.

Sky Sports News HQ has been told that the financial elements of the deal are not something Mourinho is overly concerned with, and that his motivation is the challenge of restoring Manchester United to the position of Europe’s top club.

Source: Sky sports

I like that last sentence: " ...the challenge of restoring Manchester United to the position of Europe’s top club."
Quote:Jose Mourinho has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, according to Sky sources.

The Portuguese's agent, Jorge Mendes, and United executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, are meeting in London for face-to-face talks over the remaining unresolved issues in contract negotiations.

These include a number of image rights issues, which must be resolved before a contract can be signed, such as Mourinho's commercial deal with Jaguar - a conflict of interest due to United's sponsorship with car-maker Chevrolet.

Read more at http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...-utd-terms