Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Set To Sign Empoli 16 Year Old
United may have a rather Italian feel about it in years to come as Empoli 16 year old, Alberto Massacci, has agreed personal terms with a move to the Red Devils from Italy.

The deal is expected to be completed early next week as it is thought Massacci has already had and passed a medical at Carrington. The full-back spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport about how surprised and delighted he was when Sir Alex contacted him at first.

"When Sir Alex Ferguson rang me up, I couldn’t believe it. I had an hour-long conversation with him, in English. He seemed a humble person and nobody from the club made the pressure of an historic side weigh on my shoulders,” said the teenager.

"In life a chance like this only comes past you once, so you’ve got to grab it with both hands. It isn’t an easy decision aged 16 to leave home, family and friends, but I don’t want to have regrets."

It means that Alberto will join up with fellow countrymen, Davide Petrucci and Federico ‘Kiko’ Macheda at United.

United have been attacked verbally on poaching young talent from all over the world and it will add another club to the list of teams unhappy with United’s transfer styles, Empoli.

Federico Macheda was snapped up from the Lazio youth teams which left the Italian club less then impressed with the manner in which they lost a future star.
Well all the other young Italians have been or look good for us so I hope this lad is the same.
He is big mates with Macheda so he will be buzzin his head off coming to Utd!Hopefully one for the future?Will keep a eye out for him in the reserves.
(05-07-2009, 04:18 PM)red3636 Wrote: Will keep a eye out for him in the reserves.

You Can do that right here as we will be showing all the reserves matches live here and adding match reports of every single match

just head over to the Reserves Section
cool must watch d reserves now, this young guy is ment to be good & we bought sean mc ginty from charlton aswell so fergie is investigating in young talent
If we could have kept Rossi as well we would have four of the best young Italian players out there.
good to see more youngsters coming in, i will look forward to seeing him in the reserves
(18-07-2009, 05:32 AM)Raffy Wrote: If we could have kept Rossi as well we would have four of the best young Italian players out there.

I would have loved to have seen him back with us! I always thought he was something special!
Still might be a chance one day but at a cost.
heard this b4 hes a defender