Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United (& Wigan) Eye De Gea
Manchester United and Wigan have shown a firm interest in teenage Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea, according to his agent.

The Latics are reported to have already had one offer for the 19-year-old rejected by the Spanish side, while United are closely monitoring his progress.

Atletico are currently in talks with De Gea over securing his services on professional terms and his representative, Hector Rincon, admits that will see his price increase dramatically.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson is eager to find a long-term successor to Edwin van der Sar, while Latics manager Roberto Martinez,who recently signed Vladimir Stojkovic, has ongoing concerns over Chris Kirkland's long-term fitness.

"A few Premier League clubs have been asking about De Gea," Rincon said. "Especially Wigan, who made an offer which Atletico turned down.

"Roberto Martinez thinks De Gea is ready for the Premier League but Atletico have insisted they want De Gea to stay at Calderon.

"Manchester are interested too. I didn't talk with Ferguson but an intermediary of Manchester confirmed there's real interest in De Gea."

Spanish Under-21 international De Gea has not yet signed professional forms at Atletico, with his current deal set to expire in 2011.

Rincon added: "Any club can buy him right now just by paying 12 million euros (£10.4million) because De Gea does not have a professional contract, but we are talking with Atletico to close the agreement."

Source: skysports.com

So, we're linked with yet ANOTHER keeper. I guess that we still have that reputation as a big-spending club, even with the debt problems.
don't think it's true. He is young and not good enough for united.

Sorry, I need to hijack your post! For a United transfer window update, see: https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-UNITED-T...w-Round-Up - noucamp99