Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
United get first option on Sporting keeper
Reports suggest United have managed to aquire a first option to sign 23 year old, 6ft 4 keeper Rui Patricio. The Portuguese keeper is seen as a possible replacement for Kuszczak who may look to leave after losing out to Foster as the number 2 at United. Interestingly Patricio scored a header for Sporting against FC Twente to get them through the second Champions League qualifying stage.

[Image: riu_280x462_58608a.jpg][Image: 2nixq9d.jpg]

Could be good to get some more competition in and with him being only 23 he has alot of time on his side.
yep he seems to be a good prospect and if its true that fergie wamts him then id say we will see him in january
Yeah, I saw that in the papers this weekend. So, as usual, United are linked with almost everyone! it is quite amusing. I wonder what SAF thinks of it all? I mean, if anyone can kick a ball, they're immediately linked to United, even if there is no reason to tie them together.
Still, his CV looks good and he does sound promising.
SSN are saying that United have actually been watching Rui Patricio for the past 2 seasons, keeping tabs on him. I'm not sure the truth in that, because there may be issues with illegal approaches, etc. I guess SAF is keen to learn about this player, but that's not to say he hasn't watch the other keepers we've been linked with.
Speaking of links, here's one:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,1...29,00.html
id say he could be watching this player, will be interesting to see how this story develops