Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United's Pre Season
First part of this post is to remind all our members of the tour dates, once the inconvenience of the World Cup is out of the way Smile

United will spend pre-season in Denver, Washington D.C., Michigan and possibly Miami when they play in the International Champions Cup in the US in July and August.

The tournament features Real Madrid, Liverpool, AC Milan, AS Roma, Inter, Olympiacos and Manchester City, although the Manchester rivals are in different groups and could face each other in the final.

United's tour kicks off against Roma in Denver before they head to Washington D.C. to face Inter and finish their group games against Real Madrid in Michigan. If they reach the final they will play the Group B winner in Miami on August 4.

Group A
Manchester United
Real Madrid
Inter
AS Roma

Group B
Liverpool FC
Manchester City
Olympiacos
AC Milan

July 26
Manchester United v Roma (Kick off 9:10pm GMT). Venue: SA Field, Denver

July 29
Manchester United v Inter (Kick off 12am July 30 GMT). Venue: Fedex Field, Washington

August 2
Manchester United v Real Madrid (Kick off 9:06pm GMT). Venue: Ann Arbor, Michigan
United also play another match in the Chevrolet Cup against LA Galaxy, which is not part of the International Champions Cup:

July 23

Manchester United v LA Galaxy (Kick off 9:30pm GMT - TBC). Venue: Rose Bowl
The eight teams in the ICC will be divided into two groups with group winners meeting in the final at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami on 4 August.

International Champions Cup final
Monday 4 August 2014 (Kick Off TBD). Venue: Sun Life Stadium, Miami
Looking forward to the live streams.
With the former manager of one of the teams who finished in the top 4 in the World. Mind you, the Dutch showing in the semi final was poor. I hope that is not a sign of things to come.
Can't go to the US to see them but I should be at OT for the match with Valencia. Hope for a good showing!
I was hoping to persuade my wife that a trip to OT for this match would be a nice evening out, but she wasn't having it. With 2 dogs, it is now harder to get to matches, but I might see about up and back (we live in Essex) in a day. Maybe take the next morning off, depending on what time I get back.
For those of us in the UK, the LA Galaxy game is actually listed on the United website as being on the 24th July at 04:06 BST. Not quite sure the game kicks off at 6 minutes past, though?

Will this game be streamed on here, not that I will be up to watch it.
Man Utd vs LA Galaxy Live Stream:
https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Man-Utd-...-24-7-2014
Thank you for clearing that up
In the meantime, it seems that Mr Van Gaal is unhappy with the already arranged pre-season tour. In contradiction to what Ed Woodward said recently, LVG says:

Quote:We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation. But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
While I agree with LVG, I think the tours are necessary. While I would've hoped to have seen United at OT by now, it proves increasingly more difficult as each year goes by. Luckily I'll be in DC to see United and Inter! Hopefully get to see a bit of Vida and Pat too! I really don't want to stay up for the match tonight, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Always nice to see LA get thrashed.