Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Der Sars Replacement?
After Ben Fosters recent poor displays and Kuszczaks impressive display against portsmouth I thiought thos would be a good thread.

When Edwin Van Der Sar retires do you think either,
Ben Foster or Tomasz Kuszczak will be good enough replacements for the top keeper jersey at Old Trafford or should the gaffer go into the transfer market for a new keerper?

If you vote for New Keeper please state who.
arkacief what ever his name is hahaha
Definitely not Foster, just doesn't have it in him to be first choice keeper. Kuszczak probably could with proper experience etc but not at the moment. To be honest what I would like to see when Van der Sar retires is Foster out on loan to a Championship club for experience, Kuszczak as a sub and Akinfeev as our number one keeper.
(28-11-2009, 07:34 PM)donlerz Wrote: arkacief what ever his name is hahaha

dude is it Akinfeev ?
hehehe XD
Definatly not Foster for me. I think Kuszack needs a few seasons before he is fully ready to take over,but he is improving at a rapid speed. So I think we should look at a few good keepers that will be cheap and won't be off to Madrid the moment they get their first clean sheet.
I couldn't believe that yesterday's match was only the 40th time between the sticks for Tomas. I think he has the potential, tbh, to step up. Has improved a bucket load since he came to us.
bring in akinfeev
Let's hope if he does come, that he can handle the pressure. I think that is one thing that Tomas has done. He's come in for the big games and done pretty well.

Young Ben is a superb shot-stopper. I think he has a big dip in confidence, but there is still great potential for him, too. You don't get England caps for being rubbish. There is something there with him. Just needs to repeat the early form he had at Stoke and Watford.
Not ben foster anyway lol
kusczack looks to be proving strong in between the sticks in vds absence