Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van United
UNITED are monitoring Arsenal star Robin van Persie.

Sir Alex Ferguson is aware the £20million-rated striker is yet to commit to a new contract at The Emirates.

And the United chief's interest has intensified after Van Persie admitted prizes mean more to him than money.

He recently admitted: "In the last four years I've won only one prize, the FA Cup, and that is too little. I want more."

Van Persie has one year left on his current deal.

The Gunners have offered the Dutchman £80,000 a week, considerably less than Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand earn at Old Trafford.

But Van Persie, 26, is more interested in who boss Arsene Wenger plans to sign this summer than the money on the table.

He said: "Financially the offer is fine but that is not everything to me. It's about my ambition and how that can be fulfilled."

United are not the only club watching with interest - Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho is also keen.

A Dutch source added: "Robin loves it at Arsenal but he is getting to the age when he wants to win things. He knows that there are clubs interested in him and is waiting to see what happens."

Van Persie signed for Arsenal five years ago but injuries have restricted him to 79 League starts.
Hope we get him as he is a great player and a steal for 20-30 million.
can't see it happening
no way
wont happen