Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van der Sar Given Compassionate Leave
Defo. and that's not jermaine, either!
ha ha
Edwin van der Sar has thanked Manchester United for the way they helped him through his recent problems.

The Dutch goalkeeper has only recently returned to action after being granted time off to look after his wife, who suffered a brain haemorrhage in December.

He admits it has been difficult to cope but appreciates the support he has received from everyone at the club.

"Fortunately my wife's health is improving, but whether she will recover 100 per cent is something I don't really want to discuss now," Van der Sar told Dutch magazine VI.

"But what did help me and my wife was the incredible support from the people at Manchester United.
"It is unbelievable how the manager, the players and everyone connected with United have helped my family to get through this.

"United also allowed me to take my time to come back and granted me the peace and quiet that I needed to sort things out for my life."

Van der Sar is not prepared to make a decision about his future with United until his home life is back to normal.

"Other things in my life are more important than thinking about my future," he stated.

"I am just living from week to week so I have no idea what I will do next season and I don't think it's appropriate to make plans at this moment."

Van der Sar hopes United can boost their title hopes with victory at Arsenal on Sunday but is anticipating a fierce battle for top spot.

He explained: "United did drop a few unexpected points when I was away, but it is now a case of putting things right in the next few months.

"Our aim is to win the league - and I feel we can do it - but it is going to be a massive fight between United, Chelsea and Arsenal."

Source: skysports.com

I saw this on SSN and thought I'd add it to this thread. It's nice to hear the players' appreciate the support, etc. He has been immense since he returned, despite all he went through. Well done big man!
Yeah really good of him to get the support from United. Think it helped him lots.
Glad to see his wife is improving sorta puts football into perspective when something like that happens but im glad to see him back i think his presence instills a confidence in our back four we have missed him gl VDS.
(06-01-2010, 07:16 AM)andrewcmufc Wrote: yea best wishes gpo out to her,

was nosing through blue moon and the bitters made a thread wishing her all the best

Fair play to them it just proves not all of em are a******s