Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vidic To Miss Start Of Season
Nemanja Vidic will miss the start of the new season after being ruled out for up to two weeks with a calf injury.

The 27-year-old Serb joins Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the sidelines.

"Vidic is another week or two away and Edwin's injury is a bad one," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal."

Vidic will miss Sunday's Community Shield against Chelsea and also United's Premier League opener at home to newly-promoted Birmingham on Sunday, 16 August.

He could also miss his side's trip to Burnley on Wednesday, 19 August.

Fellow defender Neville will also sit out Sunday's match against Chelsea as he is struggling with a groin injury, but Ferguson says he expects Brown, who missed the majority of last season with a foot injury, to be fit for the start of their Premier League campaign.

"Neither Wes or Nemanja have long-term injuries. I would expect Wes to be fit for the game a week on Sunday," said Ferguson.

"As for Vidic, he pulled his calf in the warm-up in Munich (against Bayern Munich) and is two weeks away.

"Gary is doing a little bit of training and coming on fine but I do not think he will make Sunday."

With goalkeeper Van der Sar out for up to 10 weeks with broken fingers, Ferguson has to choose between Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak against Chelsea.

Both played a half in the 2-0 friendly win against Valencia in midweek.
at least he wont b out for too long, evans showed last season he can preform when needed
(07-08-2009, 10:50 AM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: Nemanja Vidic will miss the start of the new season after being ruled out for up to two weeks with a calf injury.

The 27-year-old Serb joins Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the sidelines.

"Vidic is another week or two away and Edwin's injury is a bad one," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal."

Vidic will miss Sunday's Community Shield against Chelsea and also United's Premier League opener at home to newly-promoted Birmingham on Sunday, 16 August.

Fellow defender Neville will also sit out Sunday's match against Chelsea as he is struggling with a groin injury, but Ferguson says he expects Brown, who missed the majority of last season with a foot injury, to be fit for the start of their Premier League campaign.

"Neither Wes or Nemanja have long-term injuries. I would expect Wes to be fit for the game a week on Sunday," said Ferguson.

"As for Vidic, he pulled his calf in the warm-up in Munich (against Bayern Munich) and is two weeks away.

"Gary is doing a little bit of training and coming on fine but I do not think he will make Sunday."

With goalkeeper Van der Sar out for up to 10 weeks with broken fingers, Ferguson has to choose between Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak against Chelsea.

Its getting from bad to worst still very confidant we will win every thing thoe got to have faith
that sucks he is awesome World Class
(08-08-2009, 11:12 PM)rizlaman Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 10:50 AM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: Nemanja Vidic will miss the start of the new season after being ruled out for up to two weeks with a calf injury.

Its getting from bad to worst still very confidant we will win every thing thoe got to have faith

what is the news on hargraves...is he out for the season?
To miss the pre-season is a blow for Nemanja for he will be playing catch up with his match fitness?
Evans though has proven himself an able deputy though when called upon.
Lets hope he recovers quickly and we suffer no more injuries to our defenders or in the goalkeeping department.
Not majorly bad news, I don't feel he gives enough often.

Might allow someone else to step up and do well, then mr Vidic will have to consider that he won't always be a first choice player. (although I think he's good) he needs to keep his feet on the ground.
~Joey
I'm sure evans will step up to the mantle, as he did last year, he is truely a class defender in the making.
i think its a chance for youngsters like delaet and evans to show what they are capable of since our main defenders are sidelined. that will also give rest to the senior defenders during carling cup games once the young ones gets experienced. SAF will take his chances in this season because i don't think we will be able to win the premier league for the 4th time in a row (my heart says we can).. so why not use the youngsters to gain experience ......
what about the stories i heard about vidic leaving manchester united next season for barcelona WTF!!
apparently his wife is sick and tired of enland weather and wants to move to another country so she will probably be a big influence on him!!
so is he goin whit the " whatever makes the wife happy" ??
hope not.....divorce her nemanja!!!