Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wayne Rooney To Succeed Gary Neville As Manchester United Captain?
Didn't Sir Alex recently say he'd prefer the captain to be from the mid-filed or the back and that's why Rooney probably won't captain United anytime soon?

If you rule out Neville, Giggs, VDS & Scholes on the grounds of their age and Rio who's currently injured. You're pretty much left with Vidic, Evra and Rooney.

As a fan I'd like to see Rooney, as a calm and collected character who'll keep pushing the team on I'd say Evra and handing Vidic the captaincy would help quell rumors of his transfer.
Rooney would be a super captain doe! His pashion is one of a kind in todays game of young players
Rooney is not ready for it yet and should be left to do what he does best, that is play football.

A captain has to lead by example. Wayne has come a long way of recent but he is still dealing with 'The Red Mist' - on occasions.
Until he has that one beaten for sure, he cannot even be considered as a full time captain.
There is also the possibility that him having the captaincy may take the edge off his game.

If Giggs weren't 36 years of age then he would be the natural successor to Gary.
As it is, he could fill in in the short term until we find out if Rio, when he comes back, can remain fit.
If he can stay fit long term then he should have it, as (for me) either midfield or defense make the better position for a captain to play.

YMMV.
Rooney hasn't got the right temperament for United Captain. He has enough pressure on him without that!

If he were going to be, then why was Evra given the armband yesterday? Lead from the back.
yeah mayb! Evra means sooo much to our squad dosnt he!!!never herd of him before he joined!
evra is priceless at the moment, im surprised that no other clubs have tryed to buy him.
wait if chelsea can win the league madrid will be in for him!
dont think he would go
o im not saying i think he will but i havnt ever herd what he is like in interviews or anything
he stays very quiet, hardly ever does interviews