Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wazza Doesn't Care If Ronaldo Doesn't Go World Cup
Silly news but still funny,

Wayne Rooney last night wound up pal Cristiano Ronaldo as he told his former Manchester United team-mate: “I don’t care if you miss the World Cup.”

While Rooney and England travelled to Ukraine last night assured of their places in South Africa, Ronaldo’s Portugal - as well as Lionel Messi’s Argentina - face the potential humiliation of World Cup exits by next Wednesday.

Ronaldo was blamed for Rooney’s dismissal at Germany 2006 and although he became great friends with his former United teammate he will not shed a tear if Ronaldo is missing from next summer’s invitation list.

Rooney, whose red card in the quarter final against Portugal was met with a sly wink by Ronaldo, said: “I’m not really bothered if Cristiano or Messi are there or not.

“We have to concentrate on ourselves and to be honest it would be nice to see Portugal not there - because the last two tournaments they’ve knocked us out.

“Obviously when we didn’t qualify for Euro 2008, we got a lot of stick, including from Cristiano.

“You have banter with your team-mates, but it’s important not to go too far because it’s an important issue, especially if it’s a World Cup you are missing.”

Even back to back wins over Hungary and Malta will not be enough for Portugal if other results go against them, while Argentina are precariously holding on to a play-off spot in South America.

Should Real Madrid’s world record £80million summer capture Ronaldo and Barcelona star Messi miss out, it would not only open up England’s path for glory under Fabio Capello but also improve Rooney’s chances of attaining the ultimate personal accolade.

Barcelona star Messi is odds-on to succeed Ronaldo as FIFA World Player of the Year in December but Rooney knows the star of next summer’s tournament is likely to be the winner of that prestigious trophy in 2010.

No Englishman has ever won the prize - although David Beckham and Frank Lampard have both made the top three - and Rooney added: “Of course the idea of being called the best in the world motivates you.

“I wouldn’t go on about it but of course that’s what you want to be. You want to be the best you can.

“I’ve always said that if personal honours as well as that, that’s great, but it’s important that you concentrate on the team first.

“But playing well in the World Cup could make the difference, definitely.

“If you look at 2006, Fabio Cannavaro won World Player of the Year. He obviously had a great tournament but personally I still think there were better players over the year. A tournament can obviously can make a massive difference if you do well in it.”
I am so glad that I visited and read this thread I got the information that I really need .,I am so thankful.,

Well, I think that it was an amusing piece of news. Quite frankly, I don't give a stuff if Ronaldo is there, either!!
yeah hope ireland knock them out in the qualfier's gowan the fighting irish lol
well they qualified for the play offs last night
it'd be good to see CR in the world cup
not that rat messi though...
time to close this