Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We will lose out if Pompey die.
I wonder if the Premier League, the FA and Sky have some kind of responsibility to help Portsmouth in some way to ensure that all fixtures are fulfilled this season? I just think that as these companies created the huge cash making machine that is the Premier League, thereby forcing clubs to spend BIG just to compete and stay in this top flight, that they have some kind of duty of care?

Also, I get why the points would be taken from anyone who drew or won against them in the League, but what happens to the League Cup and the FA Cup? Do Carlisle, Hereford and Stoke have some claim to compensation for Pompey being forced out of business, as they knocked each of them out of the League Cup? What about Sunderland and Coventry City who were dumped out of the FA Cup? What about Southampton in the next round? What right would they have to get a bye into the next round?

It's a right mess!
id say they'll wait till end of season before they are wound up, the fa know it would damage the reputation of the prem
Yes. Imagine the way the Prem would be perceived around the World if they stand back and do nothing. It doesn't matter if they come out and say they did stuff behind the scenes, it won't be good enough. The Prem is a Global brand and should 1 of the teams go under, there will be a massive and major blow to the image and may become harder to sell?
peolpe arent going to buy into the premiership idea if teams are going bust and struggling to compete! i wonder that even if the debts were paid would it be a profitable club?
They have great assets - well, Gardamak (or whatever his name is) - as they own all the surrounding land. If it was all sold off for an out of town site, then there is money to be made. It's very complicated.
I HOPE THEY CAN STAY IN THE LEAGUE AND OPERATE AGAIN AS A CLUB! I NEVER LIKE TO SEE CLUBS GO UNDER UNLESS THERE LEEDS OR SCOUSERS! ITS BAD FOR THE EPL AND BAD FOR ENGLISH FOOTBALL IN GENERAL!
What knock on effect could there be if 1 of the PL sides does fold? I see why the HMRC has changed its tack on unpaid taxes. Previously, they have taken pence in the pound to close debts, but then see the players and other clubs, etc. get paid the full amounts owing and have rightly said, NO MORE. We want our money owed, too. HMRC have done nothing wrong. The blame has to lay with the FA, SKY, greedy chairmen/owners (who don't have a clue - familiar?) and the premier League.
sounds very familiar and sounds very daunting! green and gold till the club is sold!!!!
It gets worse....

The scale of their financial troubles was revealed in proceedings that were embarrassing to the club and damaging to the reputation of the Premier League.

The tax authorities claim to be owed £12.1million, comprising £7.4million of VAT, and £4.7million in unpaid PAYE and National Insurance that is not part of HMRC’s initial petition to the court.

Portsmouth’s total debts run to an estimated £60million, with £28million owed to former owner Sacha Gaydamak, who has not joined the court petition.

Portsmouth contest the VAT debt and in a separate court action are appealing to challenge their requirement to pay VAT on transfer fees. They also claim to have sufficient funds in outstanding Premier League broadcast revenue and cash to settle the PAYE debt.

HMRC’s determination to recover what they claim to be owed was clear, as was their intention to send a message to the football industry that they are no longer willing to allow clubs to run up large tax arrears without consequence.

Gregory Mitchell, QC for HMRC, told the court: “It is quite clear and not in doubt at all that this company is insolvent and they have failed to provide any evidence as to their solvency. There are many, many debts that they continue to accrue, and it is quite clear that they are trading while insolvent.”

Source: telegraph.co.uk
this sucks, a prem league team going BUST, like totally...
plus, if our points dont count then our chances of winning will be pretty slim...