Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im only bloody 14 its not fair
about a mouth ago i left my soccer team i was with for 6 years to go to the team across the road and there not liking it.there trying to get me banded for the year evan doe iv perfectly signed for my new team so i dont know the problem could someone give me a hand on what to do?
the team i was with are having a meeting about it on thurday night also...
and im only 14 :O :O
jesus sounds like there jealous you have left and want to wreck your career.

I suggest all you do is threaten legal action

The amount of times I have threatened legal action in my life and people just backdown when you say it
How can they ban you?

Im sure there are no rules stating you cant move clubs.

I'm assuming you dont have a contract or get paid.
I'm not sure how it works in Ireland, but I would imagine that the FAI rules are pretty similar to the English FA. I understand that, even at 14, you are protected by the Child Protection Laws (cite those, if they apply), and as a result, you are not deemed responsible enough (not my words) to sign a contract. Therefore, once your registration ends (assuming you were registered to the team for 1 season only) you are free to choose to play for another team.
Yes, moving to a rival team, whether it is in the same street, same league or whatever, can cause bad feeling, but it is your choice. Unless you signed something (which you legally cannot do as a 13 year old - you must have been 13 when you signed registration) there is nothing that ties you to the previous club.
If I were you, I would contact the league secretary for advise on where you stand. I am pretty sure that they will represent any child's interests before that of a club.
Failing that, yes, legal action is certainly something that could be mentioned and watch the swift change of heart!!

I've had a (very) quick look at the FAI website. There is some info on there regarding Child Welfare, etc. See if any of that applies. I'm not sure what type of football yoou play - youth or schoolboys, etc. so you will need to dig around. I think that a phone call to the league might be a good starting point. What about the team you're going to? Don't they have a Child Welfare officer?

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_c...&Itemid=98
Of course it's not fair. Remember, your a United supporter.
On a more serious note ....
Listen to the words of wisdom given by Noucamp99 and by our leader.
I wish you all the best and hope you come out of all this with a completely unblemished reputation.
Hey, donlerz, what happened with this? You said there was a meeting. Was anything sorted, mate?
(12-10-2009, 07:52 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Hey, donlerz, what happened with this? You said there was a meeting. Was anything sorted, mate?

Yes, please do keep us posted,
I too am keen to know the outcome.
hi all,
my old club sed i played with out signing my 1 year thing with my club and said im there player and if they dont sort it out before the meeting i could of gotting fined for up to 1 hole year Sad . i herd this from my own clubs managers son kinda gave me help yano so i rang my new manager (used to play in goal for aranel acadmey) telling him whats happing so he had to call up at half 10 that night so i could sign form's. but i now hear the league is talking about it and so far looking good. herd my ex manager talking alot of bull about me and were playing them this weekend Wink .
got a bit mad over this too
well hope you get away with it, dont want you doing a while in mountjoy or st pats lol
mountjoy I have heard that before what is it??