Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the damned united
just got around to watching this film and tought it was very good, brian clough and peter taylor were some managment duo. they need more films like this, really enjoyed it
whats it about?
I plan to watch it tonight, funnily enough. Not a girlie-flick and the other half is off out, so there's my chance!! They were a class act. Cloughie would have been a great England manager, but maybe too many skeletons in his cupboard?
Blah_United - You're too young to remember, or even know, the great Forest team that they built, or even just the partnership that these 2 created. I would recommend a little internet research and maybe watch this film, too.
Nice one Andyc09lad. A top film. Great scenery - just thought how hard it must have been to set up terraced grounds and so well acted - the voice off to a tee! They told the story well and showed what a bunch of arses the chairmen used to be! What a talented duo they made. What could they have done for England?
Got Elland Road about right. It was a sh*thole even then, lol!
ill have the cheak it out
i cant think of a different word to replace damned
(12-09-2009, 04:24 PM)MattLFC Wrote: i cant think of a different word to replace damned

Great film that - title sums it up, tbh.
Have you seen it? I'd recommend it.
In those days it seemed the whole country hated lufc and Don revie - but they could play as well as kick. I saw them play Peterborough United in the cup - lufc won 7 nil if i remember rightly. Lorimer scored from all of 40 yards - what a shot he had.....
(15-09-2009, 06:58 PM)Skreeg Wrote: In those days it seemed the whole country hated lufc and Don revie - but they could play as well as kick. I saw them play Peterborough United in the cup - lufc won 7 nil if i remember rightly. Lorimer scored from all of 40 yards - what a shot he had.....

My Dad is a Colchester United fan. Well, someone has to be! Seriously, he was born and liver close to the ground. He still fondly reminisces about the time when Col U beat the (mighty) leeds in the cup. 3–2 in the 5th round of the FA Cup in 1971.