Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username


Password





Search Forums

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 31,277
» Latest member: Jideous@yahoo.com
» Forum threads: 1,924
» Forum posts: 20,038

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 115 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 108 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yandex, ajs2021Subscriber

Latest Threads
Manchester United Transfe...
Forum: Transfer Talk
Last Post: Noucamp99
7 hours ago
» Replies: 245
» Views: 252,168
Preseason games
Forum: The Lounge
Last Post: Eight
08-08-2026, 03:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
CONFIRMED TRANSFERS
Forum: Transfer Talk
Last Post: Noucamp99
07-08-2026, 11:09 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,342
Manchester United Women F...
Forum: The Lounge
Last Post: Noucamp99
06-08-2026, 11:37 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 15,005
New Trafford
Forum: Man Utd News
Last Post: Noucamp99
14-07-2026, 11:59 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 7,185

 
  Wally with the brolly on the brink!
Posted by: rooneyisared - 23-12-2010, 03:47 PM - Forum: Other Football - No Replies

Quote:Steve McClaren has been given a vote of confidence by German side Wolfsburg, despite the former England manager admitting they had "hit rock bottom".

McClaren's team were booed off after losing to Energie Cottbus in Germany's DFB-Pokal cup competition on Wednesday.

Wolfsburg have struggled since the Englishman took over in May and currently lie 13th in the Bundesliga.

But managing director Dieter Hoeness said they would be making changes to the team rather than the manager.

In a statement, Hoeness vowed: "We will clean up. With this team and its make-up there can be no long-lasting success."

The former Bayern Munich and Germany striker said McClaren would be given a new fitness coach, while players Karim Ziani and Caiuby would be dropped to the reserves.

McClaren had earlier admitted there were "problems in the dressing room".

Hoeness added: "We said eight weeks ago that the attitude should change. It was about passion, willingness to run and one-on-ones. We did not see a response so that is why we must act.

"We expect from the coaches (when the team meets on 2 January) to punish severely any wrong behaviour on or off the pitch."

Hoeness said fans should expect major changes to the squad after the winter break, admitting: "The road down which we will go may be painful for some of them."

Print this item

  Rafa sacked
Posted by: rooneyisared - 23-12-2010, 03:45 PM - Forum: Other Football - No Replies

Quote:Inter Milan have parted company with manager Rafael Benitez just over six months after appointing the Spaniard.

The move follows Benitez asking for backing from the board to buy players following the Serie A side's Club World Cup win over TP Mazembe last Saturday.

A statement on Inter's website said "a mutually satisfactory agreement for the early termination of his [Benitez's] contract" had been agreed.

Benitez took over from Jose Mourinho at the San Siro in June.

Mourinho, who left for Real Madrid, led Inter to the Serie A title, the Italian Cup and the Champions League glory last season and left his successor with a hard act to follow.

Benitez was named Inter manager a week after leaving Liverpool on 3 June and, although he had injuries to key players to contend with, the 50-year-old's exploits have not helped his cause.

Inter are 13 points behind Serie A leaders and arch-rivals AC Milan and struggling for form.

Although they have two games in hand on the teams above them in the league table, the Nerazzurri are languishing in seventh place having won only six of their 15 league games.

In defence of their Champions League crown, Inter could only finish as group runners-up behind Tottenham to leave them facing a difficult tie against Bayern Munich in the last 16.

Even though Inter won the Club World Cup by beating TP Mazembe, it did not leave Benitez in a strong enough position to survive his outburst after the match.

Print this item

  United Top For Xmas
Posted by: Hyltz'. - 20-12-2010, 10:09 PM - Forum: Man Utd News - Replies (1)

Tonight Everton stuffed Citieh by 2 - 1 :lol::lol::lol: to leave :~

United Top of the League for Christmas.

Well done 'The Toffees'.
:love:

Print this item

Tongue Alex Ferguson: Chelsea have only themselves to blame!
Posted by: ManUtdPeople - 16-12-2010, 01:51 AM - Forum: Man Utd News - Replies (1)

Sir Alex Ferguson has set his sights on capitalizing on Chelsea's slump after suggesting they have only themselves to blame.

[Image: sir-alex-ferguson.jpg]

The Man Utd manager believes the Premier League champions left themselves vulnerable after selling Ricardo Carvalho and Deco, as well as releasing Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti, and bringing in only two new signings, Ramires and Yossi Benayoun.

United, who have set a club record of being unbeaten in their first 16 league matches, have taken advantage of Chelsea's run of only one win in their past seven games to move three points clear of Carlo Ancelotti's team at the top of the table, with a game in hand, going into Sunday's meeting at Stamford Bridge.

Ferguson said: "Ballack's contract came to an end. Belletti's contract came to an end. They have been replacing these players with younger ones such as [Danny] Sturridge and the young boy [Josh] McEachran. So maybe that's why their results have been erratic. Their plan was always to start introducing younger players and I think that's a good thing but it can backfire if you get injuries."

Chelsea have slipped to fourth, having been without Frank Lampard for almost all of the season, lost John Terry for various games because of recurrent injury problems, and had to wait for Didier Drogba to recover from malaria. Benayoun is out until April with a snapped achilles and José Bosingwa is now missing with a hamstring injury, having only recently returned from a year on the sidelines.

Man Utd have also had considerable injury problems – at one point they were unable to call upon 10 players – but Ferguson believes he is benefiting from having a larger squad now Chelsea have reduced their numbers. Eighteen different players have scored for United this season and Ferguson, speaking about Chelsea, added: "You need big squads these days because the number of matches and the intensity of matches does produce injuries. There's no question that having a big squad helps."

Ferguson believes his side have the edge over their rivals in terms of experience. "We've got good players and they have all had big-game experience for years now. It's not as if it is new to them. Their experience is very important and the desire is still there with this club. All our players have good desire to win matches." Yet United have not won at Stamford Bridge since a 3-0 victory in April 2002, a run comprising five defeats and four draws in all competitions. They have scored only four goals in those matches, conceding 11, but Ferguson remains bullish.

"We used to have a terrific record at Chelsea . We haven't won there for eight years (check)correct .. but it's a big game for us and we'll be ready for it. We couldn't get there sooner."

Watch Chelsea vs Man Utd Live Stream.

Source: guardian.co.uk

Print this item

Star Anderson: A New 4.5 Years!
Posted by: ManUtdPeople - 16-12-2010, 12:26 AM - Forum: Transfer Talk - Replies (1)

Anderson's outstanding recent form and undoubted potential has been recognized with a new four-and-a-half-year contract extension, which will keep him with Man Utd until at least June 2015.

[Image: anderson2.jpg]

Anderson has been excellent for Man Utd since making a full recovery from the knee ligament injury he suffered last season, and in the last few weeks has produced the type of performances that prove he can fulfil the huge potential with which he arrived in Manchester in 2007.

Sir Alex Ferguson clearly has high hopes for the 22-year-old. "We are delighted he has signed a new contract,". Anderson has developed tremendously since joining us and he has fantastic potential at only 22; he is going to be a really top player."

Anderson feels he can achieve everything he wants to in his career at Old Trafford. He said: "This is the best club to be at and I would like to thank everyone for the great support I have received over the years.

"I am looking forward to winning many more trophies with Man Utd and I am so pleased to have signed a new contract."

Source: manutd.com

Print this item