Man Utd People
Why We Don't Say Man U - Printable Version

+- Man Utd People (https://manutdpeople.com)
+-- Forum: Home (https://manutdpeople.com/Forum-Home)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://manutdpeople.com/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Thread: Why We Don't Say Man U (/Thread-Why-We-Don-t-Say-Man-U)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - oohtz - 01-04-2009

This is great knowledge - I will tell my mates the blasphemy they are saying - they'll chop off their tongues!

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - brosnackson - 02-04-2009

(17-03-2009, 07:11 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: ManU is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "ManU" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"ManU ManU went on a plane ManU ManU never came back again"

and..

"ManU Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying manU is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

So... Please REFRAIN from using this term ever again!

Thanks for sharing this which i know i wld spread around.But come to think of it DOES it really matter what rival fans think of this great club.if you ask this que the only answer in their envious mind is-JEALOUSY simply because no other club in the world has been blessed with such rich tradition made up of gallant fallen heroes/legends as well as forever living legends.Manu or no man u does it really matter? maybe we should take a clue from the slogan of the once famous old club-millwall (pls no disrespect meant to their dedicated and loyal fans and pls none shd be taken as i am just stating the fact).....some H us we dnt care..May the fallen heroes/legends in the munich crash continue to rest in the blosom of GOD and may their families continue to draw strenght from the Lord to get along in life.UP MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - HotChille - 03-04-2009

(17-03-2009, 07:11 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: ManU is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "ManU" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"ManU ManU went on a plane ManU ManU never came back again"SCUM FROM liverpool THEY CAUSE DEATHS AND THEN THEY SING CRAP ABOUT THE DEAD

and..

"ManU Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying manU is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - BigblakBoss - 03-04-2009

good info thanx

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - Hexero - 04-04-2009

Quote:"ManU ManU went on a plane ManU ManU never came back again"
They should not talk, 'cause they "killed their own fans" Wink

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - ranboss - 04-04-2009

(21-03-2009, 03:00 PM)deepenigma Wrote:

and..

we should just call it united...thats thats how we stand
I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - FACTOR5 - 04-04-2009

nice one i didnt no that.....

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - Bingo81 - 05-04-2009

i knew about the Scum and The we hate leeds one's but not about WBA, cheers for the info mate, ever used Man U myself, always United or Man United.

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - bravovilla - 05-04-2009

manchester united are wank

RE: Why We Don't Say Man U - elf - 05-04-2009

and..