Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Hunt Wolfsburg Striker
Quote:Manchester United assistant Mike Phelan rates Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko as 'ideal for the English league' and has hinted the Red Devils could consider a move for the player.

Dzeko, 23, has attracted interest from teams in Spain, Italy and England, with United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal all linked with him in recent weeks.

The Bosnia forward scored against Alex Ferguson's side when the sides met in the Champions League earlier this season and Phelan has admitted the club have been looking at him since.

'I'm sure there are a number of teams looking at him. Are we one on them? We are looking at talent all of the time and we are in there with the rest of them,' he said.

'He showed his threat in the game at Old Trafford and he appeals because he is a tall, skilful boy and in some ways he is an ideal player for the English league.

'He has stature, his feet are good and he is producing some good performances. I am sure everybody has looked at him.'

Source: rte.ie/sport
He'd be a great addition to the squad!
I think we maybe need 1 more striker, so he looks good. Hopefully, SAF will get to have a 'wee chat' with him tomorrow and he won't try so hard against his 'future employers', lol?
Yeah let's hope mate.
I think Dzeko will b a great addition to the team if David Villa isnt an option...
Just read an article where Fergie is talking down the Dzeko rumours...hope it goes through though.
today.... SAF....... refused it ........

all know dzego's desire to play for AC.Millan.. and he's millan freek as a teanager
So? John Terry was a Manchester United fan as a kid! Michael Owen was an Everton fan, too!

Means nowt, really!
is it ?

but he publicly said he really really wants to play for millan and he rushing his agent to make that happen
we have like 3 first team players 4 dis game lol! we hve an injury crisis Sad