Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Right To Speak Freely
(15-02-2010, 02:55 PM)Bennthered Wrote: u have just proved what the green and gold is for! its to be seen and for ppl to take notice! and as you have seen on here we all support united but have different views so once voice becomes more than one! when it comes to supporting the team there is only one voice when it come to the running and other things there are many different views!

No mate it didnt prove anything, i've stood outside OT fighting with the Police for the club, i love that club all my life, all this questions are we now ashamed to wear the red again, not me mate not me, if i am the only one person at OT wearing Red in the future, i will do it with pride, as i have done so all these years, wear your green n gold if thats right for you, its just not right for me thats all.

"Manchester is red"
im not questioning ppl wearing red that is up to you/them but you question why not all wear red? because if we did we wouldnt be seen and wouldnt be noticed! we want change and its our way of showing what we want! i will always have red on but i still have my green and gold!!!
(15-02-2010, 03:04 PM)Bennthered Wrote: im not questioning ppl wearing red that is up to you/them but you question why not all wear red? because if we did we wouldnt be seen and wouldnt be noticed! we want change and its our way of showing what we want! i will always have red on but i still have my green and gold!!!

You might not mate but believe me so many do, so many, its all about personal beliefs and when a few of these so called MUST members insulted me and my friends all been lifelong supporters of United, it likes you must wear it or else, that is wrong, we are grown men who can handle ourselves what about someone who couldn't, they would feel intimidated by that behaviour and i am not saying all MUST members are like that at all but who ever is in charge should be in control of his troops so to speak, bullying people into that will only harm their campaign not make it stronger.
(15-02-2010, 03:01 PM)UnitedsRedArmy Wrote:
(15-02-2010, 02:55 PM)Bennthered Wrote: u have just proved what the green and gold is for! its to be seen and for ppl to take notice! and as you have seen on here we all support united but have different views so once voice becomes more than one! when it comes to supporting the team there is only one voice when it come to the running and other things there are many different views!

No mate it didnt prove anything, i've stood outside OT fighting with the Police for the club, i love that club all my life, all this questions are we now ashamed to wear the red again, not me mate not me, if i am the only one person at OT wearing Red in the future, i will do it with pride, as i have done so all these years, wear your green n gold if thats right for you, its just not right for me thats all.

"Manchester is red"

ya tat wat i thought u are te victim of tat day! ...

for tat u caunt hate other fans.... we got ur point Smile

atleast love us... we are nt OT tat day Smile
lol

Most of Them are young bloods on tat day! at OT
as u knew te Fire of youth,,,

i feel sorry for u Smile

cheers!
Anyway for those that would like to sign the petition, yes its a peaceful one, it doesnt hurt anyone and what have you got to lose, its all for the good of Manchester United here is the link below.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/red-army/

Many thank again for the debate looking forward to more in the future.

URA
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DID u asked STEVe or nou or andrew s permission to post ths link ?

"Manchester is red"

Im in total agreement I respect all united supporters views and I aggree the crippling debt needs rectification but even when we played in blue for the 68 european cup final I couldn't bring myself to wear anything other than Red & White , I can understand what the LuHG campaign is all about but we need to respect other peoples choices Goddamit am I the only person who thinks OT is like semi final day and Norwich are in town ?
(15-02-2010, 05:22 PM)Rattylad Wrote:

"Manchester is red"

Im in total agreement I respect all united supporters views and I aggree the crippling debt needs rectification but even when we played in blue for the 68 european cup final I couldn't bring myself to wear anything other than Red & White , I can understand what the LuHG campaign is all about but but we need to respect other peoples choices Goddamit am I the only person who thinks OT is like semi final day and Norwich are in town ?

I was at that final too mate and my dad said you want the shirt i even back then said no, i will wear the red, he just smiled at me and said "good lad" i will never forget that smile on his face when i stayed red, to me its was truly the only colour that represented United and i would not change that for anything.
I said on another site it looked like Norwich were in town lol. (GREEN ARMY) sorry just a joke lol.
Gentlemen. It's good to see that a little calm has descended, as it looked like it might get a little out of hand. Great to see that you're all expressing your right to freedom of speech.

I've not been able to post all day, as the company internet has broken. I've had to work for a change and believe me, that was dull!

This has to be one of the best threads for a very long time - just look at the number of posts and the short space of time. Nice one.

I have been a member of the supporters trust for a very long time, but one thing I detest is where people try to ram their thoughts and beliefs down other supporters' throats. What is the point? It really will not gain anything apart from more opposition to the Trust.

I did understand that the supporters' trust sellers around Old Trafford were instructed NOT to force the G&G campaign onto anyone and it is likely that those that tell you that you aren't a United fan are just jumping on the bandwagon and trying to earn themselves a few quid on the back of it all.

I do think that the G&G campaign has been a success, but there has to be a point that it acclerates and moves away from the historical colours of Newton Heath. Our newbie is absolutely spot on with the point that all those wearing the G&G then queue up to spend their pennies in the megastore or the concessions stands. They are not listening to the idea behind the campaign - to stop lining the Glazers' pockets. But there's the rub. You stop doing that 100% and then what? Empty ground, or maybe half-full. Less revenue, maybe more debt? Hmm, this all needs much more careful thought, for sure.

When the Glazers 1st took over, I cut off my nose to spite my face and stopped my One United membership and stopped going to OT for 1 season. It wa a token protest, but who noticed? Who saw I wasn't there? Only me and my (long-suffering) other half! I hated it, but stuck to my guns. I am not a member this year, but that is for financial reasons.

I am hopeful that one day, the debt can be erased completely and that the Glazers do leave the club in the hands of people who truly care about the football club. I do not think that the Glazers are good for the club. Ticket prices have increased; concessions stand prices have gone up; there have been cutbacks inside the club, with breakfasts, etc taken away from staff; there have been redundancies.

This debate will run and run, there's no doubt about that. I'm not sure I've made a point in all this waffle, but I have changed my sig back to red and white! I'm not old enough to remember Newton Heath, lol!
Just to express my own feelings about the red and white :- when i was a nipper my grandad used to take me to OT as my dad hated football , But the 3 main things that made me really happy was the 1st sight of the very green pitch (only seen it in black and white on the box) watching best charlton, law and last but not least seeing the stretford end holding the red and white scarfs aloft near the final whistle. another tradition nicked by the scouser's.