Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long have you been a Manchester United fan?
I've been a fan since the 2006/07 season, which was pretty much my first adventure in the Premier League. One of the first games I've watched was the game against Roma, which ended 7-1 for us. It was amazing, and I fell in love with the whole team: their dedication was insane, the style which they were playing, it was the first time I had seen such a smooth, efficient style (props to Sir Alex Ferguson). And look at me now, still here, still rooting for this team even though recent times haven't been easy on us, sadly. I can't see myself abandoning this team, and I hope van Gaal can bring us back to where we belong, up there, on the first spot, holding trophies.
I have been a massive Millwall fan for 29 very long years, but I adopted Manchester United as my second team about ten years ago (can not remember the exact year, it was the season where they were pipped to the title by Arsenal), my first and only Manchester United game I attended was when they met Millwall in the FA Cup final in 2004.
The gooners won the EPL in 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04 seasons, to give you some help to remember.

In 97-98, United were runners up.
In 01-02, United were 3rd
In 03-04, United were 3rd.

So, you started following United in 1997-1998 season.
(19-06-2014, 11:53 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: The gooners won the EPL in 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04 seasons, to give you some help to remember.

In 97-98, United were runners up.
In 01-02, United were 3rd
In 03-04, United were 3rd.

So, you started following United in 1997-1998 season.

Thank you, and thank you for reminding me of how close we were to winning the title that year! Confusedcared:
Ha ha. You started it, lol.
I can call myself a lucky charm for the ManU team here.The time i started watching and supporting ManU,they won that season,during the 2007-2008.They won it 3 more times before faltering last year.They finished runners up twice when Chelsea and city won it in'10 and '12.
I've been a Man Utd fan for over 47 years. Started to support them because they were the first team I saw play on a coloured TV and my favourite colour was red. Never looked back even when were relegated. Man Utd till I die.
I'm one of the lucky ones who saw Besty, Law, Charlton etc, who remembers the red and white fence at the Stretford end, those were the days my friend Smile