Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bebe Compares Himself with Ronaldo!!!
Tongue 
This is a true story!!

Quote:Former Manchester United striker Bebe has suggested his game has similarities with that of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Bebe's stint in Manchester began in the summer of 2010 - a year after Ronaldo departed England - and he went on to make only seven appearances for the Red Devils, scoring two goals, before leaving in 2014.

The 25-year-old, who cost a reported £7m from Portuguese club Vitoria de Guimaraes, had loan stints at Besiktas, Rio Ave and Pacos de Ferreira while making just two substitute appearances in the Premier League in four years.

His next stop was Benfica and he is now on loan at Rayo Vallecano, where he has made 10 appearances.

And in an interview with Spanish newspaper AS, Bebe said when asked who his idol was: "[Didier] Drogba, but also Cristiano because he's Portuguese.

"I have the same way of running, and the same shooting style, he's definitely a favourite."

Bebe admits he initially thought it was a "joke" when he heard United wanted to sign him and that it was "insane" being one of their players - but insists he enjoyed the experience.

"It all happened very quickly, a total surprise," he said.

"One day I'm training and the next they're telling me that I'm going to sign a five-year contract with Manchester United. I thought it was a joke. I wasn't there long, but I enjoyed it.

"It was insane. I was playing with the best in the world. It wasn't easy, the first week I had to take a deep breath, but I got used to it. I adapted and tried to fit in."

He added: "I came there without much of a football education, just what I was born with: talent, speed, strength... but you needed more. If a big club signed me now it'd be different."

Yes, Bebe, it would be different. You would go straight on loan to a League 1 side and never play top flight football. I literally laughed out loud when I saw this!!!

Thanks to skysports.com for a good laugh today!!