Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!!
Exclamation 
Keith Harris, who claims to have a group of investors ready to buy Manchester United, has called on the club's fans to force current owners, the Glazer family, into selling.

Harris says he has a British-based group of investors, who are ready to buy United - if the Glazers make the club available.

United's supporters have always been against the Glazers' ownership of the club, but most recently have stepped up their campaign against them - notably ditching the club's red and white colours in favour of green and gold.

But Harris wants more, insisting fans should boycott matches.

"Turning up to games 10 minutes late and things like that just doesn't do the job," Harris said.

"The green and gold protest is fabulous, a symbolic and significant message to the owners. It is like the white handkerchiefs in Spain. But that won't force the Glazers to sell to us.

"However, if enough people - and I am talking about thousands - stop turning up to matches and do not renew their tickets, then that does it. The supporters have to hurt the Glazers in their pockets.

"They have to be prepared to take the pain of not watching their club in order to achieve a long-term gain. Supporters have to be galvanised to say, 'We will not come. We will not buy programmes and merchandise'.

"It's a big ask, it's a risk, but that is what must happen. The Glazers are thick-skinned and seem impervious to protest. They will not be impervious to enormous drops in their revenue.

"I would not talk about this if I didn't have full confidence in our ability to raise the money to do this. I never talk publicly unless I have confidence. Getting the money together is the easy bit.

"But we can't make an offer until the Glazers are placed in a position where they are forced to consider it."

probably gonna get some stick for posting this but, i agree with it even if i dont like it! the glazers need to be shown!!!

i doub it will ever happen either as like ppl have already said if ppl ont renew there tickets there are hundreds of thousands that will take them over most of which want them for status symbols rather than being fans of the club!!!

Messages In This Thread
HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!! - by Bennthered - 23-02-2010, 11:21 AM
RE: HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!! - by P211 - 23-02-2010, 02:36 PM
RE: HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!! - by Dj Quick - 23-02-2010, 07:14 PM
RE: HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!! - by C Scott - 23-02-2010, 08:59 PM
RE: HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!! - by Noucamp99 - 25-02-2010, 01:05 PM
RE: HARRIS WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL!! - by sypher - 25-02-2010, 06:26 PM