Watch Crystal Palace vs Man Utd Live Stream

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Stars Return to Old Trafford for United Relief LIVE
The Manchester United Foundation has teamed up with Sport Relief for United Relief Live. This unique fundraising event on Saturday 1 May will feature music from The Saturdays and the football talents of a host of celebrities including comedians James Corden, Paddy McGuinness and Jason Manford, TV and radio presenters Tim Lovejoy, Mark Chapman and George Lamb plus former England rugby and Strictly Come Dancing star Matt Dawson.

However, the highlight for United fans has to be the return of one of the most prolific strike partnerships in the club's history. Dwight Yorke and Andrew Cole scored over 50 goals in the 1998/99 season, helping to win the Treble and seal their place in Reds folklore. Now they're coming back to Old Trafford to play for a Manchester United XI against Sport Relief’s Rivals team. Andy Cole said:

“It should be great fun, to get together with some of my old team-mates and have a bit of a runout. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice to try and roll back the years and see if I can link up with Yorkey again. We both keep ourselves in good shape.

“I’m especially looking forward to playing in front of the United fans again, we always had a good rapport. This is all for a great cause and that's the most important thing. It’s nice to help people less fortunate than yourself and to help two great charities carry on their good work.”

Source: manutd.com

So, is anyone likely to get to OT to have a laugh at this and help raise a few quid for Sprt Relief?

Messages In This Thread
Former Stars Return to Old Trafford for United Relief LIVE - by Noucamp99 - 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM