Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United on Brink of Takeover ???
Thank you for that aleenaahmed94 :

I have read that article before. It's over a month old and things have supposedly moved on since then.
Even so, I would doubt that things need to move quickly in that part of the world, especially given the political situation in other parts the Arabian Peninsula and other not too distant countries.

Anyway, I should imagine that any purchase of Manchester United FC, by the representatives of the Qatar Royalty, would have more to do with a tie-in to focus worldwide interest and capitalise on the part Qatar will play in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, (A competition that the Qatar National Football Team have never qualified for).

We can only guess at the amount of truth contained in this new batch of rumours, which were, after all, only refuelled on the back of Manchester United Bond prices reaching an all time high.
The Glazers would probably prefer to hang onto control of the club until the end of this season when, providing United win either (or both), the EPL/Champions League, the bond prices would soar even higher.

Messages In This Thread
United on Brink of Takeover ??? - by Hyltz'. - 15-02-2011, 12:45 PM
RE: United on Brink of Takeover ??? - by Hyltz'. - 16-02-2011, 08:33 PM
RE: United on Brink of Takeover ??? - by olocky - 20-02-2011, 06:16 PM
RE: United on Brink of Takeover ??? - by Hyltz'. - 21-02-2011, 05:38 PM
RE: United on Brink of Takeover ??? - by Hyltz'. - 22-02-2011, 01:47 AM
RE: United on Brink of Takeover ??? - by Hyltz'. - 25-02-2011, 04:48 PM