Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: United Release Seven Players
Rio, who is in Rio (weird!!) looks likely to sign for QPR:

Quote:Rio Ferdinand has agreed a deal to join newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers, according to Sky sources.

Ferdinand is a free agent after being released by Manchester United at the end of last season after 12 years at Old Trafford.

It is believed he had offers from clubs both at home and abroad, but he has elected to work under Harry Redknapp for the second time in his career.

Redknapp was the manager who gave him his debut at West Ham in 1996, and Ferdinand was the world’s most expensive defender when he left to join Leeds in an £18m deal in 2000.

Ferdinand moved to Old Trafford on a five-year deal in another record deal in July 2002 and went on to win six Premier league titles and the 2007 Champions League during his time with United.

He played 81 times for England between 1997 and 2011 and was a member of three World Cup squads.

Speaking before he headed for Brazil where he is working as a World Cup pundit, Ferdinand said: "I see myself as going to Rio very much as an active footballer with playing time ahead of me.

"It is feasible that in the coming weeks, perhaps even while I'm in South America, I'll make a decision about the next stage in my career.

"I have options on the table from several clubs in England and overseas for next season and I'm intending to play on if the right situation arises."

Rio's brother Anton played for QPR for two seasons, leaving Loftus Road following their relegation to the Championship in 2013.

Source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONFIRMED: United Release Seven Players - by Noucamp99 - 24-06-2014, 11:43 AM