Poll: Which option should Ronaldo take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Stay at the club and be paid his salary but be banished to the reserves
0%
0 0%
Apologise to the club, the team, the fans, everyone for everything he said in the interview
0%
0 0%
Sue the club to be released from his contract
0%
0 0%
Ask to be released from his contract and accept a simple ‘drop hand’s outcome and part ways with the club paying him nothing
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open letter to CR7
Dear Ronnie

I’ve been a MU fan for the last 50+ years and write this as a lifelong MU fan.

Thank you for returning to Utd even though I wasn't totally thrilled when I heard you were coming back. 

Thank you for helping the club achieve all that it achieved before you left for Madrid but the club hasn’t achieved anything since you came back as we all know.

Why say you’re being forced out of the club now just as there is no point saying it was an open secret that you wanted to leave before the start of the season?

Why say you’re being forced out of the club unless you still want to stay? Either way your contract ends in 6 months so what is to be achieved by saying you’re being forced out?

Can we agree that it’s in your interest to leave in January? I can’t speak for the club but I suspect the club will also agree that it’s in the club’s (and team’s) interest that you leave.

So, if it’s in everyone’s interest that you leave in January why not just ask the Club if you can just leave?

Oh. You want to be paid the rest of your salary for the remaining 6 months? That’s a totally different thing.

You want to leave AND be paid for not staying? Isn’t that called having your cake and eating it?

If you love the club as much as you say you do why ask the club to pay you on top of letting you leave?

Don’t you see that if the club agrees to let you cancel your contract the money that you would have been entitled to for the rest of your contract can be spent buying a replacement forward?

What are your options then?

These seems to be the only options :

a.      Stay at the club and be paid your salary but be banished to the reserves;
b.      Apologise to the club, the team, the fans, everyone for everything you said in the interview;
c.      Sue the club to be released from your contract;
d.      Ask to be released from your contract and accept a simple ‘drop hand’s outcome and part ways with the club paying you nothing.

Let’s be clear, even if there was the slightest chance the club would have agreed to let you leave AND pay you your salary for the remaining months of your contract you blew that up when you gave that interview. 

You’ve made a rod for your own back by trying to back the club into a corner because the club can never agree to letting you leave and paying out your contract if the same thing can happen with another player.

We know options a and b aren’t acceptable to you.

With option c by the time the case comes up for trial you would already have left the club.

Looks like option d is you only realistic option unless you want to go down option c when you have your family to think about. 

What shall it be Ronnie? 

Warmest regards and good luck in Qatar.

Just another lifelong MU fan

PS poll question - Which option should Ronnie take? a,b, c or d?

Messages In This Thread
Open letter to CR7 - by Peter Ng - 15-11-2022, 07:08 AM
RE: Open letter to CR7 - by Noucamp99 - 15-11-2022, 12:39 PM
RE: Open letter to CR7 - by Kizzer220489 - 15-11-2022, 05:14 PM
RE: Open letter to CR7 - by Noucamp99 - 16-11-2022, 12:34 PM
RE: Open letter to CR7 - by Noucamp99 - 17-11-2022, 12:30 PM
RE: Open letter to CR7 - by Peter Ng - 23-11-2022, 03:20 AM
RE: Open letter to CR7 - by Noucamp99 - 23-11-2022, 01:05 PM