Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berbatov Headlines 80m Summer Clearout
This is such a difficult subject to address mid-season, as we really should get behind the team, especially in such a poor run of results. Having said that, maybe United do need to start planning for next season and the future sooner, rather than later.

It's time to take off the rose coloured specs and look at those players on the list.

Anderson - while he has great energy and enthusiasm, he is not a typical Manchester United player. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he doesn't do it in the red shirt. There was a piece in the Sun (must be true) this week, where he admitted he is unfit and has not shown the amazing form he did at Porto. Unless he steps up, I would cash in on him.

Nani - Has had ample time to become a star at United. Lived in the shadow of CR7 and didn't have the balls to step out of it. He could have had so much. A dip in confidence and he never recovered.

Tosic - I've watched him many times for the reserves and he doesn't stand out for them. If he isn't head and shoulders above the players at that level, he won't do it in the PL. I saw him make his debut v Spurs last season and he looked average.

Vidic - should have been player of the year last season, but then was destroyed by Torres. He's not had the best of seasons this year, with injury and rumours affecting him. Maybe United could cash in on him, but not sure Wesley Brown and Jonny Evans are anywhere near the same level. KEEP him.

Rio - rumours surrounded him going in the summer, due to his age. We haven't found a decent replacement, so KEEP him, too.

Now may be the time to allow Paul Scholes to retire gracefully. He really doesn't have the legs for the PL and was found out against the Brummies. We could lose Gary Nev at the end of the season and I'm not sure that the twins are ready to step up just yet. A little naive, to say the least. We need O'Shea fit.

I think this thread will run and run...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Berbatov Headlines 80m Summer Clearout - by Noucamp99 - 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM