Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Stars Return to Old Trafford for United Relief LIVE
It’s just over nine years since Jaap Stam last trod the hallowed turf at Old Trafford and he’s relishing the opportunity to pull on the red shirt once more at United Relief...

I can't wait to come back to Old Trafford on Saturday - it's something I've really been looking forward to. I loved my time at United and I’m sure I’ll get that same buzz when I pull on the shirt again. I still remember how it felt when you stepped out of the tunnel and saw the crowd and it was always a great feeling.

My time at United was very special, we won a lot of trophies as a team and I grew as a player and a person. It’s difficult to pick out a favourite Old Trafford moment, but winning the league in the three seasons I was here was unbelievable and the days when we were presented with the trophy in front of the fans definitely stand out.

I still play football for a local side in Holland, but the level is very low – I play more for the beers after games rather than the football! I've been coaching at Dutch First Division side FC Zwolle and I sometimes join in with mini games in training.

I just want to go out there on Saturday and do my best, enjoy the experience and help United win of course!

Source: manutd.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: COLE AND YORKE RETURN FOR UNITED RELIEF LIVE - by Noucamp99 - 26-04-2010, 06:17 PM