Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Sanchez seeks summer switch
Chilean forward keen to try his luck in England or Spain

Chilean starlet Alexis Sanchez has opened the door for a summer move to England or Spain.

The 21-year-old forward currently plies his trade in Serie A with Udinese, but harbours ambitions of testing himself in the Premier League or Primera Liga.

His talents were spotted by Udinese at a young age and they snapped him up in 2006.

He was loaned out to Colo Colo and River Plate as he continued to learn his trade, before moving to Italy in 2008.

Sanchez has continued to shine in Europe, helping to raise his profile and attract plenty of interest from afar.

Sensational

The likes of Manchester United, Liverpool,Real Madrid and Lyon are all reported to be monitoring his progress, keen to bring the exciting youngster on board.

He will get another opportunity to showcase his considerable talent at this summer's World Cupand is tipped to make a big impact in South Africa.
Should he live up to his billing that could be enough to persuade a top club from England or Spain to open their chequebook.

Sanchez said: "My agent has told me that a lot of big clubs have asked about me.

"I'm still focused on Udinese, but I have personal ambitions this summer and England and Spain are sensational leagues."

source: skysports.com
Silva admits United pull
Valencia ace wouldn't shun Old Trafford switch

Valencia star David Silva has admitted he would find it hard to turn down a move to Manchester United.

The Spain international has long been linked with a switch to England and the Old Trafford giants are thought to be keen.

Now the 24-year-old forward concedes that it would be tough to say 'no' to United.

Honour

"When you hear a club like Manchester Unitedis interested in you it is an honour," Silva is quoted by the Daily Express.

"I am very aware of the Premier League, and in recent years it has been the stand-out league in the world.

"If it came calling, especially if it was a club like Manchester United, it would be very hard to resist.

"I am happy at Valencia but every player has his price and if they get an offer they think is good business anything is possible."

Foster open to United exit
Keeper accepts he will not be picked for World Cup finals

Ben Foster fears he may have to leave Manchester United in the summer after conceding defeat in his bid to secure a place in England's World Cup squad.

The goalkeeper started the season as first choice for United due to an injury to Edwin van der Sar, but he has played only once in the Premier League since early October.

He was also overlooked for the Carling Cup final against Aston Villa in February as Sir Alex Ferguson preferred Tomasz Kuszczak, who has been providing the back-up on the bench to Van der Sar.

And, with the prospect of first-team football in the future looking bleak, Foster is aware it may be time to quit Old Trafford, with Birmingham Cityreportedly interested.

Not hanging around

"You never want to leave Manchester United," he told the Manchester Evening News. "If you leave this club you are only ever going to go down.

"But I want to be playing football. I am not interested in just hanging around and I would go if the club wanted to sell me.

"If they are happy to accept a bid then you have to read between the lines and realise you are not really needed and move on. It would not be the end of the world for me."

A lack of regular football also appears to have scuppered Foster's chances of being one of the three keepers in Fabio Capello's squad for the World Cup.

Foster played against Belarus and Brazil back in the autumn and believes his inclusion for the trip to South Africa would be unfair on England's other keepers.

"I don't think there is any chance of South Africa now," he said. "If he were to pick me it would be very unfair on some of the other goalkeepers.

"I have not played a first-team game for a good few months and some of the English lads out there like Joe Hart and Robert Green have been doing fantastic."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 05-05-2010, 03:18 PM