Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
TOLD YOU!!!!! HE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A RED IN MY HEART
Argentina Coach Diego Maradona: Real Madrid Have Not Called Gonzalo Higuain For A Contract Extension
[Image: Gonzalo-Higuain-wallpaper2.jpg]
Quote:As reported by Goal.com Spain, Argentina national team coach Diego Maradona has revealed from a conversation he has had with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain that los Blancos have not called him yet to speak about a contract extension.

"When I saw Pipita, I asked him if they [Madrid] had renewed his contract for another 10 years and he answered me that they had not even called him. I hope he remains calm and that his father [the player's agent] is able to get all the money he can and if not, they will sell him for 70 million euros".

Higuain has been the subject of transfer speculation for some time this season and talk of a contract extension that was supposed to take place in the fall has degenerated into reports that the Argentine may be leaving the Spanish capital. Many reports seem to indicate that Madrid president Florentino Perez hopes to part with el Pipita for the simple reason that the team's top scorer came to the Bernabeu under the auspices of Perez's predecessor, Ramon Calderon.

Higuain has shown steady improvement in his time at Real Madrid, putting in crucial performances to bring two Liga titles to the Spanish capital. Over the past two seasons, his goalscoring form has improved exponentially and he has led the club in scoring for the past two years.

Source:Goal.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by kasaki - 21-05-2010, 05:20 PM