Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Mori pleased with United link
Starlet flattered by European interest

Quote:River Plate striker Rogelio Funes Mori has stated his desire to play in the Premier League in the future.

The highly rated 19-year-old has just completed his first season as a senior player in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires, and has caught the eye of some major clubs with a series of eye-catching performances, including a hat-trick against local rivals Racing Club.

Funes Mori, who was previously on Chelsea'sradar and was offered trials at Stamford Bridge, made the move to River and played his first game in December of last year.

A hat-trick against Racing Club at the start of May has now seen him linked with Manchester United, who have already signed young Mexican striker Javier Hernandez to add to their striking riches.

Funes Mori did not deny that the opportunity to play under Sir Alex Ferguson at United was a fantastic one, but insisted he was just concentrating on his current club at the present time.

"I really don't know anything about what is being said about the chance of going to Manchester United," Funes Mori told Uno de Mendoza.

"All I know is by what is being said in the press.

"Every player dreams of having the chance to play in Europe and even more if it's in the English Premier League, but I will have to talk about this with my agent.

"At this moment I'm enjoying the chance that I've been given playing in River's first team in this championship that has just finished. And at this moment I'm enjoying my holidays."

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 24-05-2010, 12:07 AM