Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Frey unsure of Viola future
French keeper linked with move to England

[Image: nmdyc7.jpg]

Quote:Sebastian Frey has admitted he is unsure as to whether he will stay at Fiorentina next season.

The French goalkeeper was part of the side that navigated their way to the second round of the UEFA Champions League this season, however their success in Europe has not been matched domestically this time round, with the club finishing 11th after a fourth place finish last season in Serie A.

Despite not winning proper international recognition for his exploits between the sticks that have spanned over 10 years in Italy with spells at Inter, Verona and Parma , the 30-year-old may finally move away from the country, with Arsenal, Manchester United and Juventus touted as possible destinations.

"I have spoken with Diego Della Valle (Fiorentina's owner) about my future," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I will speak again with him after the holidays.

"I have a contract until 2013 but sometimes in life, new motivations are necessary.

New challenge

"Perhaps finding new challenges doesn't necessarily mean leaving, it could

also mean that I could stay provided the team is reinforced.

"Next season we will not play in Europe and that is why we need a strong team

to be at the highest level in Serie A."

Frey confessed that he was disappointed with the reactions of their supporters when they were not succeeding in the league, stating that despite his love for the club, he was giving his future a lot of thought.

"This season I have seen things that hurt me, our fans that go 10 minutes before the end of the match for example," he added.

"I can't say whether I will go or I will remain here, but I am thinking very much. Me at Juventus? Let's speak about other things."

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 24-05-2010, 02:08 PM