Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Preston wait on Welbeck deal
Ferguson hopes to bring United striker back to Deepdale

[Image: 2i8yp0n.jpg]

Quote:Darren Ferguson remains confident of bringing Danny Welbeck back to Preston North End if the Manchester United youngster does not join another Premier League club.

Welbeck spent a spell on loan at Preston last season and scored twice in eight appearances before his campaign was cut short by a knee injury.

The 19-year-old is expected to be sent out on loan again next term and is currently hoping to secure a move to a top-flight club.

However, if that avenue fails to bear fruit, then Preston boss Ferguson is expecting to be have the striker at his disposal in the Championship.

Frustrated

"I've been speaking to Danny and his brother, who looks after his interests, and things are ongoing on that front," Ferguson told the Lancashire Evening Post.

"My feeling is that they think it's right to try and get him out on loan to a Premier League club. But if that doesn't happen, if he comes to a Championship club, it will be us.

"One of the difficult things in signing players on loan from the Premier League is that their clubs often want them to do pre-season training with them.

"It's only closer to the start of the season that they're allowed out. That could be the case with Danny but, if so, we know what we are getting.

"He enjoyed his time here last season and was frustrated the loan was cut short by his injury.

"I'm looking for another striker this summer, one with more pace than we've got."

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 15-06-2010, 01:35 PM