Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Moratti - United want Sneijder
But Dutch star ready to commit to Inter until 2015

[Image: lbcc1.jpg]

Quote:Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has confirmed that Manchester United are interested in midfielder Wesley Sneijder.

The 26-year-old Holland international has been linked with a move to the Premier League side following an impressive World Cup.

Sneijder, whose Inter contract expires in 2013, has fired the Dutch to the final in South Africaand will be hoping the Oranje can go all the way for the first time in their history.

He also had a great domestic campaign with the Nerazzurri last term, as under the stewardship of Jose Mourinho Inter won a remarkable treble, which included the UEFA Champions League title.

Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is now in charge at the San Siro following Mourinho's departure to Real Madrid, and the Spaniard will not want to lose one of his prize assets.

But Moratti has confirmed the Red Devils are hot on his trail, even if Inter do not want to sell.

"The interest from Manchester United in Sneijder is real, but I didn't look into it in an attempt not to fall into temptation," Moratti told Sky Sport Italia.

"I'm following him at the World Cup and I think I'll do the same also at Inter for the next years."

However, Sneijder, formerly of Ajax and Real Madrid, is ready to commit his future to the club until 2015, according to his agent Soren Lerby.

Lerby told De Telegraaf: "Wesley could stay at Inter until 2015. After the World Cup, we will go to Milan, we will sit around a table with the officials."

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM