Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Sneijder's heart is with Inter
Dutch maestro crushes United's hopes of a £29million move

[Image: 9jlnhd.jpg]

Quote:Holland's World Cup finalist Wesley Sneijder has told Inter Milan that he has no intention of leaving the Giuseppe Meazza this summer.

Reports have emerged that Manchester Unitedare planning a £29million offer for the classy playmaker after he helped Inter to the treble trophy success of the UEFA Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia last season.

But as he prepares for Sunday's World Cupfinal against Spain, Sneijder insists that he is fully committed to the Italians and has seemingly crushed Sir Alex Ferguson's hopes of luring the 26-year-old to Old Trafford.

The Dutchman, who joined Inter in the August of 2009 having failed to make the grade at Real Madrid, said: "I am staying. I will play for Inter Milan next season.

"My heart is in Milan. With Inter, I won everything last season and there's a lot more to win, like the European Super Cup, Italian Super Cup and the World Club Cup, which are all great trophies."

Sneijder is aware of Manchester United's interest, but Inter president Massimo Moratti told the Italian press on Wednesday that the midfielder, the joint top-scorer at this summer's World Cup, was not for sale.

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 08-07-2010, 04:24 PM