Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Annan linked with top clubs
African star attracts interest after World Cup

[Image: dgrjom.jpg]

Quote:Ghana midfielder Anthony Annan has been linked with moves to Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as French outfit Lyon.

The 23-year-old Rosenborg midfielder has impressed many with his energetic performances for the Black Stars during this summer's World Cup, alerting a number of big clubs to his situation.

Annan has been dubbed 'the next Claude Makelele' by many, as his ability in defensive midfield is akin to the former France international.

Annan admits he is flattered to be linked to the trio of clubs, but would not go into detail regarding his future destination.

He said: "I am fine at the moment. I've heard a lot about me going every summer but nothing is fazing me.

"It is good to hear about Man United, Chelsea and Lyon, but nothing is official.

"It is flattering, Lyon is a big team in Europe. But I have a contract with Rosenborg until December 2011 so let's wait and see."

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010) - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM