Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made you fall in love with Man Utd?
I was brought up in the east end of Glasgow, where I became a Celtic fan whilst still in the womb.

When I was around 10 years old, my school did a trip to London. I was asked what kind of clothes I wanted to take with me and my Mum and me went shopping.

I asked for a Real Madrid top to go away with.

This had my Mum perplexed. We lived in the East end of Glasgow and Madrid tops were hard to come by, if not entirely impossible.

Well, my Mum had always had a fancy for an ex-Celt who plied his trade with United - Lou Macari.

At that point United had an away kit of all white with red and black trim. As she couldn't find the Madrid top she managed to get a friend to purchase the United away top for me.

Off I went to London and every time I wore the top I had t oexplain to everyone why I was wearing a United top. Eventually, trying to explain that my Mum fancied Lou Macari was wearing thin so I had to look into Man United.

Joe Jordan, Gordon McQueen, Martin Buchan, Arthur Albiston, Sammy McIlroy, Steve Coppell and Mickey Thomas.

What wasn't to love. From that point on, I still loved Celtic but United was the team that I got to choose.

Been a red ever since.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What made you fall in love with Man Utd? - by silverhoop - 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM