Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Way Our Club is Run
I feel pretty much the same way. The excitement I felt at the start of this (and every) season, has been greatly diminished by the transfer window in particular.

Take a look at the Pedro farce. Manchester United were heavily linked with him (regardless of whether he was the right player for United) and Van Gaal is happy to play with the press and NOT come out and deny there was interest. Woodward is even reported to be in Barcelona, agreeing terms, etc. Then he signs for Chelski and Van Gaal says that we were never interested and he didn't say this or that. Face saving?

What about De Gea? Going? Staying? He has decided he doesn't want to stay past the end of his current contract, so surely, the club would cash in on him now, rather than see their investment leave for nothing? The £30m (approx) would be guaranteed NOW, but the possible Champions League money if he stayed is NOT. There are too many IFs and the simple fact that he wants to join RM makes me wonder if we will get the bet out of him? Will he protect himself and play within his abilities, to prevent injury etc and put his dream move in danger? if that happens, he will be dropped and one of the other keepers comes in, causing disruption at the back. What if the back four suffer losses of form or long term injuries? That money is nowehere near guaranteed. Personally, I would have let him go early and planned better for cover.

What about signing a centre back? Ramos? Joke! Was never coming. Can you tell me there is no one out there better than Smalling (who by the way is playing really well at the moment) and Blind? Evans has gone, so we are really thin at the back.

A 20-goal a season striker? Martial? Not ready yet. How is he better suited for the PL than Chicharito or Wilson? and £36m? I know they have been tracking him for months, but really?

I will still go into every game wanting us to win. Of course I will, but I am just a tad frustrated!

to that end, I have stuck this and the Frustration Release threads. There is plenty of space to rant or maybe, show us the positives??

See also https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Frustrat...lease-Zone

Messages In This Thread
The Way Our Club is Run - by Johno - 02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: The Way Our Club is Run - by Noucamp99 - 03-09-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: The Way Our Club is Run - by ike - 07-11-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: The Way Our Club is Run - by Noucamp99 - 31-01-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: The Way Our Club is Run - by Noucamp99 - 12-10-2022, 11:40 AM
RE: The Way Our Club is Run - by RiderJake - 14-10-2022, 07:10 AM
RE: The Way Our Club is Run - by Noucamp99 - 24-08-2023, 11:44 AM