Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Nani and No Giggs in Carling Cup Final.
Nani has gone on record to say sorry and that Sir Alex was not a happy bunny!

Manchester United winger Nani admits Sir Alex Ferguson was not happy with him following his sending off against Aston Villa.

The Portuguese star was red carded in the 1-1 draw with Villa after a two-footed tackle on Stiliyan Petrov.

The dismissal is a blow for Nani as he now faces a three-game ban, ruling him out of the Carling Cup final, after he had recently won his place in Ferguson's plans with some improved displays.

The 23-year-old has protested his innocence over the tackle and he has apologised for possibly costing United all three points at Villa Park.
"After half-time, I spoke with the coach and he was unhappy with me," Nani told The Sun.

"That is normal, as tackles like that are not permitted in the Premier League. I accept my responsibility for my actions, though they were not premeditated. I insist that my objective was to play the ball and not the foot of Petrov.

"The incident happened in the middle of the pitch and I don't think I merited being sent off. I am not a violent footballer. My career is in this sport.

"I wanted to recover the ball and I saw the chance to stop Petrov.

"Now I am sorry, because I have damaged the performance of my team. I am convinced that had we finished with 11 men we would have won.

"We have wasted the opportunity to be first in the table. And it is very bad for me, as I have been developing my best form of the season."

Source: skysports.co.uk

He speaks honestly, I think. A genuine mistake, but right in front of the ref and hot on the heels of the incident at anfield where Kyriakos was sent off, but Fellaini wasn't, for similar incident.
yea, i dun think nani will aim for the player just to injure them. he made the wrong decision, and he probable regrets it.
Spot on P211. He is really not a dirty player. Sometimes, those with a little spark will have a streak of aggression, like Cantona and occasionally we saw it with Ronny, but not yet with Nani. But that foul really was not nasty or malicious. Scholesy taught him to tackle?
SCHOLSEY NEVER TAUGHT HIM, AS HE WAS SPENDING TO MUCH TIME TUTORING RAFEAL LOL!
I thought Gary Nev taught Rafael? Just look at how they both respond when a player goes past them!
Looks like Giggs will also miss second leg with Milan..due to be back in April.

R Giggs Broken Wrist (colles) 2nd Apr 10

source: physioroom.com
Good news on the Giggs front...Fergie stating that he should be back to training next week and hopeful for a Milan return

Giggs could tackle Milan
United boss hints at return for veteran midfielder

Ryan Giggs could be available for the UEFA Champions League second leg against AC Milan next month, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 36-year-old has been unavailable since fracturing his arm in the 1-1 draw with Aston Villa earlier this month.

Despite being predicted to be out for over four weeks when the injury was sustained, Ferguson was positive about the veteran Welshman's chances of playing in the second leg of the last 16 tie at Old Trafford, which United lead 3-2 on aggregate.

"Ryan still has the injury to his arm," said the United boss.

"But we are taking the plate out at the end of the week and he will be in full training after that, which is good news."

The news will come as a welcome boost to Ferguson after receiving confirmation that Brazilian midfielder Anderson will be out for the rest of the season after rupturing his cruciate ligament

If, as the United boss predicts, Giggs does make his return for the visit of Milan, he will also be available for the visits of Fulham and Liverpool to Old Trafford as United push for the Premier League title.

source: skysports.com
GOOD NEWS BPYS THE GIGGS WILL BE BACK ON A WING NEAR YOU VERY SOON!!
Cool. Now, we want to get as many Cup final posts as possible, so let's close this and continue here, please lads and lasses:

https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Man-Utd-...5#pid22035