Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rio Suspended for FOUR Matches
Harsh, but absolutely true! And why he's appealing the 4th game is beyond me. I really can see the FA just saying, grow up and while you're about it, here's a 5th game, son!
Yeah mate he should just take the 4 matches and that's it.
I thought the appeal was supposed to be heard this week? Maybe I missed something? There is no update on the FA website. Hmm, this could be interesting, with Rio now having been given the England Captain's armband!! Imagine: He appeals. They uphold the original 4-game ban, but increase it to 5! How would the FA look having given Rio the armband and then have him involved with minor controversy!?
It seems I (and a few others) speak sense:

Rio Ferdinand, the new England captain, was still agonising on Monday night over whether he should withdraw his appeal against a four-match ban as a gesture of goodwill to the Football Association. The ban was increased by one match after Ferdinand's initial appeal and, despite a sense of injustice at Manchester United, there is an expectation that the subsequent appeal will be withdrawn. Ferdinand will be aware of the embarrassment that could be caused by a hearing on Friday, just a week after he was chosen by Fabio Capello to lead England at the World Cup. It is understood that the FA is also keen for him to withdraw the appeal, although the ultimate decision will rest with United.

Source: telegraph.co.uk
RIO FERDINAND is free to play in the Carling Cap final after withdrawing his appeal against an additional one-match ban.
The Manchester United ace challenged the FA's original decision to suspend him for three games following a clash with Hull's Craig Fagan.

His attempt to overturn the ban failed and he was slapped with an extra match on the sidelines as punishment.

Ferdinand was determined to continue the fight but appears to have changed his stance since being awarded the England captaincy.

As a result, the FA will now look to put the matter to bed and the 31-year-old will be free to face Aston Villa at Wembley on February 28.

Ferdinand serves the third match of his suspension tomorrow when United visit Aston Villa.

He will also sit out the trip to Everton on February 20 but will be available for selection against West Ham three days later.

JUST SPOTTED THIS ON THE SUN WEBSITE!

a wise choice me thinks, i wonder how much the fa had to do with this and the giving of the armband changed his mind?!!
ya right decission ... coz it might make thngs worse!

Our New Eng captain took first & sensible decission!!!! Lol Big Grin
i agree we need him back available for selection no good him being sat on the bench and running the risk of missing more games is silly!
Especially as it's so bloomin' cold just sat watching. I went to watch Colchester United last night - my Dad's a fan and never been to their new ground. I bought him tickets for birthday, but it was absolutely freezing!!!! He was happy as Larry, as Col U beat local rivals Southend 2-0 on what looked like someone's allotment!

Come on United. Make a decision.
I SAW THE FIRST GOAL ON SKY!! hahahahahahahahaa that defender made himself look a rite nob!
It was great when they showed it again (3 times) on the big screen. Normally, goals get cheered when the replay is shown, but you could here pretty much all the ground laugh instead! Well, apart from the Pikies of Southend!