Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rio Suspended for FOUR Matches
Sir Alex not a happy bunny, although he accepts Rio's ban:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson accepts the suspension of Rio Ferdinand but believes the Football Association is conflicting itself with regards to the matter of discipline.

Defender Ferdinand begins a four-match ban on Sunday, when United travel to Arsenal, after the FA charged him with violent conduct before deeming an appeal from the 31-year-old as frivolous.

The England international received the punishment after replays showed that he swung an elbow in the face of Hull City's Craig Faganin United's 4-0 win at Old Trafford last weekend.

Ferguson understands Ferdinand's ban but he believes that the FA is sending mixed messages by not clamping down on similar issues throughout all divisions in English football.

"There are conflicting ways in which these decisions are being viewed," he said.

"I watched the game between Leyton Orientand Charlton on Monday and there was an elbow on the Charlton player three times as he was running with the ball.

"But nothing has happened with that.

"There is a lot of confusion there, although we accept that for tomorrow, Rio is banned."

It has been suggested that United's appeal on behalf of Ferdinand was a calculated gamble in order to buy the time that would allow the defender to play in Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final win over Manchester City.

Source: skysports.com
I think that evans is a brilliant defender and a massive prospect for the future, he looks good paired with either rio or vida, its hard when paired with wesley as there both inexperienced centre halfs and there both learning in my view wes is a better right back than centre half! but ill be very happy with vida and evans playing sunday!! 1-2 to the devils!!!
I think that Wesley and Jonny play too much alike and that is the downfall when they play together. If they are paired with Rio or Vida, then the world is a much better place.

Yeah, if they both play, Welsey at right back, as he looks more comfortable there.

As for the score, well, you know my feelings on predictions, so I'll leave that to the rest of you guys, lol!
hahaha i can see it being very close!!

i think it'll near enough be the same team as against city with a few small changes at the back, wes-rafeal vida -rio
No Rio. Evra, maybe?
evra? nah leave our best player playing his best position if u ask me!
Oh right. I see what you meant now. Swap Rafael with Brown, Rio with Vida. My mistake
LOL YEAH PROLLY MY BAD ENGLISH!
SORRY
But I just misunderstood. No worries.
SSN report that Rio is to appeal the 4th game that he was banned from:

Rio Ferdinand is to appeal the extra game of the four-match suspension meted out to him by the Football Association.

The England defender came through his first game back since a lengthy injury lay-off unscathed against Hull City last month, but his return was soured when video footage caught him swinging an arm at Craig Fagan in an off-the-ball incident.

Manchester United appealed the three-match ban issued to him for violent conduct in a move that allowed him to play against Manchester City in last week's Carling Cup semi-final, only to be hit with an extra game after the FA deemed his action 'frivolous'.

Ferdinand missed Sunday's win at Arsenal and is also set to be absent from games against Portsmouth at home and away trips to Aston Villa and Everton.

He is not eligible to contest the mandatory three-game ban, but he is entitled to appeal against the additional suspension.

If successful he could figure in the Everton match at Goodison Park but should the FA again deem his challenge frivolous then an additional game could be added onto his suspension - thus ruling him out of the Carling Cup final against Aston Villa.

Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to support the appeal with the likelihood being Wes Brown and Johnny Evans will be rewarded for their efforts throughout the tournament with starting places at Wembley in any case.

Source: skysports.com

I just hope the FA don't give him an extra ban on top of that!!