Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE- PLEASE HELP!!
Am i missing something or what???....

We face Barcelona in the final..." I understand that bit...!"

In Barcelona's winning game against Chelsea, INIESTA scored in the 93rd minute..........THEN HE REMOVED HIS SHIRT..as part of his goal celebration.... (clearly visible on ITV, although he did have a plain coloured t-shirt underneath!))
Shouldn't this have been a yellow card offence??!!!
He was already carrying a card and so shouldn't he be missing the final...???

I know the ref. had to content with Drogba's tears, Ballack's bo++ocks & Lampards grandmother...
but I'm confused...Can anyone advise me...???
Yea accully nice find he should of been days sums it up 4 Chelsea. Really I reckon we can take barca Easyer den chelski
Premier League 
We can take anyone!
But the point I was making was that INIESTA (good player) should not be allowed to play in the final...
He should have got a yellow card for taking off his shirt to celebrate his goal, but the referee was distracted by all the Chelsea commotion!!!
According to BBC Sport Website he didn't get a card at all in the game....

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Toure Yaya, Pique, Abidal, Busquets (Bojan 85), Xavi, Keita, Messi, Eto'o (Sylvinho 90), Iniesta (Gudjohnsen 90).
Subs Not Used: Pinto, Caceres, Hleb, Pedrito.

Sent Off: Abidal (66).

Booked: Dani Alves, Eto'o.

Goals: Iniesta 90.
(10-05-2009, 01:46 AM)drpsmaster Wrote: Am i missing something or what???....

We face Barcelona in the final..." I understand that bit...!"

In Barcelona's winning game against Chelsea, INIESTA scored in the 93rd minute..........THEN HE REMOVED HIS SHIRT..as part of his goal celebration.... (clearly visible on ITV, although he did have a plain coloured t-shirt underneath!))
Shouldn't this have been a yellow card offence??!!!
He was already carrying a card and so shouldn't he be missing the final...???

I know the ref. had to content with Drogba's tears, Ballack's bo++ocks & Lampards grandmother...
but I'm confused...Can anyone advise me...???

Yes the law states that you should receive a yellow card for taking your shirt off, but from what i have seen of the Chelsea v Barcelona game, the referee did not have a clue, anyway its a stupid rule and surely players should be able to celebrate in this way. I am pleased he didnt get booked as I would rather United beat a full strength Barcelona, than be told we only played their reserves by the jealous supporters of every other club.
Yea we will take barca there defence is weak
AS MANUTDPEOPLE say 'Iniesta didn't get a card' during the game...!
I thought it was automatic for 'shirts off goal celebrations etc..'
Iniesta was carrying a yellow card from a previous game, and if he'd got one for the shirt offence wouldn't he miss the final.
I thought Man Utd staff would have brought this up using whatever post-match procedure they have ...There was so much chaos going on when it happened, but it was as clear as day on the TV, and Barcelona's manager passed Iniesta his shirt back whilst the ref was being distracted 'again' by Ballack!!!
Ballack should of got sent off and drogva should of got a red at the end when the red gave him a yellowo
nah iniesta sudnt o been booked...dats d most stupid fucking rule anyway...and even if u take him outta der team u still have messi xavi keita yaya toure eto'o and henry..iniesta is only one of der class players!!!TongueTongue
but if you look at it like this

Pique v Rooney
Vidic v Henry
Messi V Evra

Pique is nothing rooney will make a show of him
Vidic will murder Henry
Evra should be able to handle Messi but that will be one of the best pair ups of the match