Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fletch was close to leaving!
DARREN FLETCHER has revealed he came close to leaving Manchester United.
The Scot is now a key midfielder for Alex Ferguson's reigning Premier League champions.

But 18 months ago it was a different story, with Fletcher considering a move away from Old Trafford.

He said: "I was still having doubts because I was in a fairly strong position with only a year left to run on my contract.

"If there was a time to leave it would have been a good opportunity.

"But the manager came to me. The contract talk was put to one side and our discussion was mainly about playing time.

"He said there had been offers but he didn't want me to go.

"I listened to what he had to say and just decided I did have a future at the club.

"Deep down I just wanted to show what I was capable of.

"It was never a case of going on to the pitch worried but maybe it wasn't coming across on the pitch.

"I would have hated to leave having not shown people what I could do.

"That would have been a genuine disappointment, something I would have looked back on and regretted.

"That is what drove me on and what I want to keep maintaining now because I want to be here for the rest of my career.

"I want to leave some sort of mark on the club."

taking time out from my busy day :grin: i came across this lol
ya he,, might moved to newcastle .... . SAF ... turned him around and made him to play to his capabality
HE'S LIKE A SCOTTISH GATTUSO!! AN ORRIBLE BASTARD WHO NOBODY BUT THE DEVILS LOVE!!!!
hope he stays. getting better all the time. Should get plenty of first team play in the future.