Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREEN AND GOLD AT WEMBLEY!!!
Just wanted to say the green and gold protest is obviously alot bigger than i thought there were so many scarfs and shirts there yesterday!!

i bet 75% of the united faithful were wearing them!!! (but almost all of them wear wearing a red one with the or a red united shirt!)
It was amazing!!lol
Villains kept asking if I come to see Norwich!!
I told em Norwich just won the cup:lol:
I got on the tube to wembley with about 100 villans and there was only me and my father in law in our red and white and green and gold and they all singng were coming to play norwich!! had a little laugh when we won !!
and the wes brown chant was ace!! couldnt quite catch all the words if anyone would like to enlighten me!!
(01-03-2010, 10:46 AM)Bennthered Wrote: Just wanted to say the green and gold protest is obviously alot bigger than i thought there were so many scarfs and shirts there yesterday!!

i bet 75% of the united faithful were wearing them!!! (but almost all of them wear wearing a red one with the or a red united shirt!)

No you were wrong and i was there to say it was not that many i promise you, it was a lot yes but more like 75% were in the red & black, on the tv it gives that impression when i watched it again and to be honest, yesterday lots of fans were saying in the bars etc, it will be the last day they would wear it, its was all about the party atmosphere for some, never a real protest, it was just about doing something different.

But most now know, it will not make any difference how many g & g scarves there are, that wont shift the Glazers at all, it needs more than that.
i was there myself and there were loads!!
Loads yes but 75% no way and why were they wearing them?
Read this Benn

So the green and gold was out at Wembley, yeah there were a few thousand scarfs to be seen and a few balloons bouncing around the crowd and a few on the pitch as well but that was it?

Talking to a lot of people yesterday, i asked some why they were wearing those colours, what did it mean to them?

For every one person who said to protest about the Glazers, there were probably 3 or 4 more, said "well we thought it was fun so we did it for a laugh, it seemed something different to do and it all adds to the carnival atmosphere right?"

Carnival atmosphere, yep great protest, some did actually say "that after today i will not wear it again because it is only getting us attention but its not doing anything more than that and other fans are calling us Norwich now and it makes us look foolish"

I thought some fair comments, yes one or two believed in the protest and the usual "til Glazers folds or even dead" but on the whole it all came down to a ""Carnival Atmosphere" and not taken seriously.

Then i came back home decided to watch it all again on the TV and what do i hear straight away from the TV presenter?

"There's me thinking Manchester United were playing at Wembley, not a Norwich day out?"

Enough said.
WHERE WAS THAT EXTRACT FROM?? ??
I'D SAY 75% YES WAY!
AND WHETHER THEY WERE WEARING THEM FOR THE RIGHT REASONS OR WRONG REASONS THEY WERE STILL WEARING THEM, I NEVER SAID THAT THEY ALL EVEN NEW WHAT THEY WERE WEARING THEM FOR JUST THAT 75% MUST HAVE BEEN WEARING THEM! WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IN IT OR NOT IT WILL CARRY ON AND IT WILL BE SUPPORTED BY A VAST NUMBER OF UNITED FANS OLD AND NEW!
(01-03-2010, 11:54 AM)Bennthered Wrote: WHERE WAS THAT EXTRACT FROM?? ??
I'D SAY 75% YES WAY!

Maybe we all see things differently but from where i stood, no way was it 75% it was a lot yes i agree on that but on the amount, thats life we have to disagree again.
(01-03-2010, 11:54 AM)Bennthered Wrote: WHERE WAS THAT EXTRACT FROM?? ??
I'D SAY 75% YES WAY!
AND WHETHER THEY WERE WEARING THEM FOR THE RIGHT REASONS OR WRONG REASONS THEY WERE STILL WEARING THEM, I NEVER SAID THAT THEY ALL EVEN NEW WHAT THEY WERE WEARING THEM FOR JUST THAT 75% MUST HAVE BEEN WEARING THEM! WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IN IT OR NOT IT WILL CARRY ON AND IT WILL BE SUPPORTED BY A VAST NUMBER OF UNITED FANS OLD AND NEW!

The Green & Gold Campaign will be over by the summer, even M**T members are saying that, it was only ever designed to raise awareness, it can never fix the problem only highlight it.
Now the campaign switches gear and asks you to give up your tickets or stop buying shirts etc, so will you?

I will not, i did that in 2005 and it didnt work then and it will not work now because there was no loyalty amongst the fans back then, as fast as we gave them up, others bought them and it only harms the club in my honest opinion.

So no mate the Green Army is over soon, it has caused only problems, how?
Like this, 3 brothers all at home 1 likes the g & g 2 don't,so they argue and now the one has left and all because of a scarf and that is just one example there's loads more.

Basically it has divided us, it is almost like Malcolm Glazer himself, set that plan in action to divide us because someone knew it would happen and they were right, we need to Unite all the groups again and ALL work together now. It's the only way.

We now need to call upon the might of the whole red army fan base, not just a few, then we might get something done.

You should be asking what will you do to get your club? Because pretty soon i think all of us will have to choose to do something if not, then its going to have bigger problems.

What will i do? Buy my club simple as that.
Guys, don't fall out. The g&G scarves were in abundance yesterday, but for sure, it looked like Norwich were there. Defo that some fans were still wearing their United shirts, but I think this must be the end of it. We needed to raise awareness and that's done. Now something more clever needs to be done.

I was also disappointed that when we were 1-0 down, the fans started the Glazer out chants and not ones to lift the boys. That should be the fans' job, if you like, to get behind the team and act like the 12th man. Protests are all fine before the game, at half-time and after, if you like.

I also stopped going as a token protest when the glazers 1st arrived, but who did that harm? Just me. I don't recall United phoning me up and begging me to return to my seat, lol. Someone else sat there, simple as that.

URA is right when he calls for a combined, controlled action force, if you like to have one voice pulling together and not get split.